The Summer Issue of Mamatoga Magazine is here! I loved putting this one together (my cover models did too, it was hard work at McGregor Links Country Club pool that day with photographer Tracey Buyce, let me tell you…). Big shout out to my friend and graphic designer Jake Van Ness from Graphic Precision, grateful he can easily deal with the crazy chaos putting the issues together in my house!
- Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss: The Misplaced Stigma
- My Parent Life featuring the Day in the Life shoot with photographer Tracey Buyce
- Beautifully Strong with St. Baldrick’s and Cindy Lunsford
- Your Favorite Beach Reads (including staff picks from Northshire Bookstore)
- Summertime Smoothies to Ice Pop Recipes
- Summertime Stuff I Love (Sky lanterns! Donut floaties!)
- Local Calendar of Family Events
- Mom Support: It Takes a Village
- Kids Birthday Party Hot Spot
- Our Mom Style featuring the Co-Parents
- The MOST killer s’mores recipes you will ever experience (we tried them out, OMG)
- The Pregnancy to Schoolkid Pages
and so much more!
I feel like I blinked and my older two kids went from toddlers to big kids overnight. Now instead of chasing them around the pool edge with an eye on them constantly, they want to go out and explore on their own. Don’t get me wrong, I am ALL for building their independence, trust me, but sometimes, as a mom, I need a little peace of mind.
It’s that time of year again! It’s almost time for one of our favorite events of the summer, “American Girl® Night” at SPAC with the NYC Ballet on July 15th at 6pm!
SPAC and American Girl Place proudly present their annual celebration for girls and their families. Girls can bring their dolls and experience an evening of music, pink lemonade, sugar cookies, free photo booths and fun with special American Girl crafts, plus enter for a chance to win an American Girl doll.Celebrate the newest Girl of the Year from American Girl, Isabelle—an aspiring ballet dancer with a passion for costume design. Help transform SPAC’s grounds with dancing, artistic murals, and music from SPAC’s Instrument Petting Zoo. Tea Party Sponsored by Price Chopper Supermarkets. Enjoy complimentary refreshments at the Pink Lemonade Stand and Cookie Shoppe courtesy of Price Chopper! Gluten-free and Nut-free options are available at the Cookie Shoppe.
This is always such a special night, and this week I am giving away 2 Pairs of Tickets and YOU get to choose if you want to sit on the lawn or inside the theatre! To enter, all you have to do is comment below, and two winners will be chosen at random this Monday, July 1st, each will receive 2 tickets.
(All kids on the lawn $10 this night, tickets that you win on Mamatoga can be used for either children or adults)
Get ready for the long weekend with the 4th Guide! May I suggest some over the top amazing s’mores as well (ps how have I never had peanut butter cup s’mores before?!), click here to see the recipes, and to read the full Summer Issue of Mamatoga Magazine click right here, happy 4th of July everyone!
Don’t forget on July 3rd The Ballston Spa Business & Professional Association will have their free outdoor family movies series, Movies in the Park held in conjunction with the village’s First Friday events, the screenings start at dusk in Wiswall Park. Bring a chair, blanket and snacks, kick back and catch one of these great family flicks, July 3rd will be Paddington (rain date July 10th).
Saratoga Lake Fireworks 2015 are on Friday, July 3rd. Watching fireworks over Saratoga Lake is not only beautiful but a family tradition for many! Grab a blanket or some chairs, and prepare for a spectacular show!
Greenwich Elks Lodge Fireworks (Elks Lodge, Rte. 40S, Greenwich)
8-10:30pm, Food & Beverages will be available to purchase, no coolers please. On July 4th.
Clifton Common, Clifton Park. The fireworks begin at 9:30 for the July 4th celebration in Clifton Common.
New York State’s 4th of July Celebration is from 3pm till Fireworks at dark ( 9:15pm) on Saturday, July 4th presented by Price Chopper at the Empire State Plaza. The festival begins at 3pm with great food, drink and live entertainment to keep you busy before the fireworks start.
The Village of Lake George puts on a July 4th fireworks display that can be viewed all along the waterfront on Saturday, July 4th. Time is approximate (9:30). They will go off immediately following sundown. Lake George also has fireworks at dusk every Thursday during the summer months of July and August.
The Fireworks Spectacular at The Great Escape in Queensbury will celebrate the nation with a sensational fireworks spectacular above Northwoods Picnic Grove! Fireworks on Friday, Saturday and Sunday! Free with admission into the park.
On Friday, Glens Falls Symphony will present a 7:30pm pops concert followed by fireworks at Crandall Park on Upper Glen Street in Glens Falls.
The 8th Annual Saratoga Springs All-American Celebration takes place from Friday, July 3rd to Sunday, July 5th in Downtown Saratoga Springs including children’s programs, the parade on Broadway and more.
Saturday, July 4, 2015
- Firecracker4 Road Race on Saturday, July 4th at 9am
- The All-American Parade & Patriotic Pooches: 11am – 11:30am marching down Broadway from Van Dam Street to Spring Street. The parade, led by the Korean War Veterans Color Guard, includes historical re-enactors, civic groups and City leaders, municipalities from all across Saratoga County, music, fun, and more! Be sure to see the dozens of adorable Patriotic Pooches that march in the parade every year thanks to our friends at Sloppy Kisses!
- Family Day in Congress Park: 11:30am – 3:30pm on Saturday, July 4th with live re-enactors, historic kids games, face painting, carousel rides, live music, food, and more! Swing by the carousel from 11:30am – noon to get your picture taken with characters from the parade!
- Fireworks with Patriotic Music: 9:30pm. Santore’s World Famous Fireworks bring you another incredible fireworks display up close and personal set to patriotic music. This year’s fireworks will be launched from Congress Park behind the Carousel (same location as First Night.) The best viewing areas will be Spring Street, Henry Street, Maple Ave. and the Phila Street parking deck.
Click here for the complete schedule.
How cute are these surprise cupcakes?! Click here for some free printables too…
One of the most unique events of the summer is happening this Saturday, June 27th at The Great Escape and Splashwater Kingdom, it’s the 24th Annual Gala for the Double H Ranch! The Double H Ranch has served over 20,000 children dealing with life-threatening illnesses from around the world has since opening its doors on July 4, 1993, as the second “Hole in the Wall Camp” in what has become a worldwide network of not-for-profit recreational and therapeutic experiences for children with serious illness. Made possible because of the commitment and generosity of philanthropist Charles R. Wood and actor Paul Newman, Double H program areas include an indoor and outdoor pool, a high ropes course, archery, horseback riding and pasture, picnic pavilion, stage area, dining hall, Arts & Crafts building/ski chalet, and various other outdoor spaces used for recreational play and opportunities to explore nature.
The Double H Ranch, co-founded by Charles R. Wood and Paul Newman, provides specialized programs and year-round support for children and their families dealing with life-threatening illnesses. All programs are FREE of charge and capture the magic of the Adirondacks.
So excited for this little Pop Up Shop from The Bundle Store featuring the best summer essentials for mamas and kiddos. Amber has hand picked her favorite things and you are going to love them (plus she will be there to answer all your questions), see you tonight at the Supper Club! xoxo