Readers I spent a beautiful afternoon today with Lev at FoCastle Orchard, it inspired a featured post and a BIG idea, so stay tuned tomorrow for our FoCastle post and a post about Mamatoga’s Ultimate Cider Donut Challenge! The Challenge is going to be a lot of fun, we want to find THE BEST cider donut in the area, there’s going to be a tour, a recipe contest, and some voting, because I’ve noticed that cider donut fans around here are very particular and loyal about their favorites! We want everyone to take part in helping us crown the winner of the challenge for this year, so check out the details tomorrow. We also want to remind everyone about our First Annual Momster Bash and Benefit and let you know that you can now get your early tickets at Brown Paper Tickets. If you just click on the Momster Bash picture in the sidebar it will take you directly to their site. Tickets are $20 in advance, $25 at the door and kids under 12 and under are FREE! We have a lot of really great stuff planned for you guys and your kiddos and we know you’re going to love it! Mamatoga Julie has even come up with a really fun costume for us to wear, so check it out and remember that the proceeds go to Franklin Community Center and the Children’s Museum of Saratoga, two fantastic local organizations that make Saratoga Springs such a great place to be for families! And don’t forget, you can donate your old Halloween costumes at the Comic Depot at Wilton Mall to benefit the Franklin Community Center and to help out families right here in our very town. And in preparation for tomorrow, get your thinking caps on for cider donut recipes, we have a fun contest planned! We also want to say a special thanks to Barbara Graves for designing our fantastic Momster Bash poster!
- The Saratoga Library has Preschool Story/Music Program for children ages 42 – 5 years from 2-2:30pm. Toddler Story Time for children ages 24-42 months from 9:30-9:50am. Strenthening Families for parents and children ages 8-12 years from 5:30-7:45pm.
- The Saratoga Library is also offering a STRENGTHENING FAMILIES WORKSHOP facilitated by Saratoga Center for the Family for both parents and their children ages 8-12 years of age. This workshop runs Tuesdays from Sept. 27 –Nov.1 from 5:30–7:45 pm. To register for this FREE workshop call 581-584-7860 opt. 3. More details can be found at: http://www.sspl.org/children/
- The Saratoga Lip Dub Premiere and Launch Party is at SPAC at 6pm. Free admission. The event will include live entertainment, a behind the scenes slide show highlighting the making of the Saratoga Lip Dub, as well as a special give-away, a chance to walk the red carpet, buy a Lip Dub t-shirt, and to meet some of the local stars of the Saratoga Lip Dub dressed in their costumes.
- The Children’s Museum has Tuesday for Tots from 10-12 and 1-3pm. This is a special time for the littlest visitors. Join them for play dough, crafts, games and friends! The afternoon session offers all the same fun and is perfect for morning preschoolers!
- I will be teaching kids yoga from 4:30-5:30pm for kids aged 4-7 at One Yoga Saratoga, with a corresponding adult class at the same time at Hot Yoga Saratoga! Drop off your little one for some fun, stretching and relaxation and get in an hour of exercise yourself! Check out more about the benefits of kids yoga here!