Today at Mamatoga all the Words with Friends I’ve been playing finally caught up to me and manifested itself in a Top Ten Style Post with some great ideas on how to decorate and design using letters! Robin our Baby Gear Guru also gave us a new post, check that out here, and in case you missed the first installment of her When to Spend & When to Save series click here for that one. I hope all of you had a fun day in the snow, this winter weather reminded me that Chowderfest is just around the corner! Get all the details for that and more in the Winter Guide, and stay tuned for LOTS of great stuff tomorrow, another fantastic giveaway, some great winter posts and Part Two of my Local Bloggers Series. Have a fabulous night Mamatogians!
Friday, Jan. 13th
- Wiggle and Giggle is from 10-11:30 at the Children’s Museum at Saratoga today. A time for children to explore the many different things that they can do with their bodies! We will crawl through tunnels, walk the balance beam, roll balls, toss bean bags, and make music with all kinds of instruments. Drop in anytime between 10 and 11:30am to meet new friends and get some exercise!
Saturday, Jan. 14th
- Registration begins today for all after school programs at the Saratoga Springs Public Library. If you are a parent or guardian residing in the Saratoga Springs City School District, you may register your child in-person beginning Saturday, January 14 for the after school workshops. Beginning Saturday, January 21, telephone registrations (518-584-7860 opt. 3) will be accepted from both residents of the Saratoga Springs City School District and out-of-district residents.
- Join CMOST staff in an exploration of what things go up and what things go down, in liquids in their workshop What Goes Up: A Lesson in Floating and Sinking at 1pm. Kids will learn about density and buoyancy and get their hands wet during this workshop. Ages 4+, Free for CMOST Members, $2.00 Non-members, plus admission to The Museum. Pre-registration is required.
- Hey pilates mamas! There will be a free mat pilates class today at 11am at Bloom: A Movement Space that is open to everyone. There’s more info and a blog post on dancingbloom.com
Sunday, Jan. 15th
- This is an adult activity, but I thought it sounded so fun I had to mention it! There is a FREE discover SCUBA class happening at the Glens Falls High School Pool from 9:30 to 11:00am. All you need is a swim suit and a towel, they’ll supply everything else!
- At the Hyde Collection, 161 Warren St. in Glens Falls they are having their Family Program: Discovery Day – They Were Framed! From 1 to 3pm you can take a tour with a museum educator followed by a children’s art-making session in the Art Studio.