It’s almost here, so get all the details on how to celebrate July 4th right here in Saratoga! The 5th Annual All-American Celebration in Saratoga is happening on Wednesday, July 4th at various locations in Downtown Saratoga Springs.
- 9:00 am-Firecracker Road Race
- 10:15 am – All-American Parade. The Parade route will be from Broadway at the intersection of VanDam and Broadway to Spring Street and will step off at 10:15. Any spot along Broadway between the City Center and Spring Street will be the best viewing.
- 10:30 am – Photo-Op wtih Patriotic Parade Characters at the Carousel in Congress Park
- 10:30 am- 3:00 pm – Family Day in the Park – Sponsored by Saratoga Springs History Museum - Historic Games, Living History, Music, Face Painting, Food, Carousel Rides
- 11:00 am – Meet & Greet with General Burgoyne – at Congress Spring in Congress Park
- 11:00 am – 3:00 pm – All-American BBQ Festival & All-American Dessert Festival – Tastings held at different restaurant locations, with more participants on the Visitor’s Center Lawn.
- 11:00am -4:00 – Photo Crazy Booth at Dawgdom by Heather Bohm Tallman. Get fun, professional photos of your All-American canine while raising funds for the animal shelter, plus there will be a FREE Patriotic Treat Bag with every photo!
- 11:30 am – 3:30 pm – Classic Car Show in Congress Park
- 12:00 pm – Historic Tour: ”Gideon’s Travels” with Dave Patterson and Charlie Kuenzel. Meet at Congress Spring.
- 3:00 pm - Historic Tour: “The Homes of Those Who Made Saratoga Springs the Summer Social Capital of America.” Join Dr. Hollis Palmer for a tour of North Broadway. (Meet at Crafter’s Gallery, 427 Broadway).
- 3:30 – 9:30 pm – Family Party in the Park: Music, Food vendors, Face painting, Historic Games, Photography & Family Activities in Congress Park. Keep in mind there will be NO parking in the park.
- 9:00 pm – A Live reading of the Declaration of Independence on stage in front of the Canfield Casino
- 9:15 pm – Fireworks at dark. The Fireworks will be visible from all around Congress Park and surrounding areas, however the ground show (small displays while the big ones are being reloaded) will only be visible from Congress Park close to the inner field. There will also be port-o-potties available in the park that day next to Canfield Casino.
Plus show your Downtown Pride and get a prize! Patronize any participating shop or restaurant and receive a FREE patriotic prize! (while supplies last). Here are the 2012 Participants:
- Celtic Treasures
- Compliments to the Chef
- Crafters Gallery
- Element Caffeinated Water
- G. Willikers Toys
- James & Sons
- Malika International Gift Shop
- Next Summer
- The Olde Bryan Inn
- Pipits of Saratoga
- Putnam Market
- Sanctuary Spa
- Saratoga Farmers’ Market
- Saratoga Olive Oil Company
- Saratoga Salsa & Spice Co.
- Seven Horse Pub
- Sloppy Kisses
- Stitchin’ Post
- Violet’s & Stella’s
Attendance is FREE to ALL Saratoga’s All-American Celebration official events thanks to their generous Sponsors and Participants! The BBQ & Dessert tastings are $1/taste paid to each Participant at their locations. You can pick up a Commemorative T-Shirts for only $5 with your Stamped BBQ&Dessert Fest Ballot and just $10 without Stamped Ballot, they will be available at the Ballot Turn-In Tent in Congress Park.
Planning on running in the Firecracker Four? Check out the Pre-Race Pasta Dinner at the Holiday Inn Saratoga on Tuesday, July 3rd from 5:30-7:30pm. Enjoy a complete Pasta Dinner at the Holiday Inn Saratoga on the eve of the Firecracker 4! Includes tossed salad, pasta with red sauce, meatballs or butter, rolls and iced tea or lemonade. All for just $12 (kids 5 and under FREE!) Home-baked goods will be available for purchase. The dinner is also a Fundraiser to benefit the Blue Streaks Running Club, the sponsors of the race. To make reservations click here or call 518-587-2204.
Can’t wait for the 4th for the big fireworks show? On Tuesday, July 3rd you can head to the Independence Day Celebration at Saratoga Casino & Raceway starting at 5:00pm. Saratoga Casino and Raceway will present their annual fireworks show with free parking and admission. The fireworks display begins at 9:15 p.m. followed by DVDJ Biggie in Club Vapor.
Head over to the event website here to stay updated on the schedule, and to print out a map and ballot for the BBQ and dessert fest. To make sure you don’t miss any details go like them on facebook too right here!