The weather isn’t actually looking too bad for the weekend (not great mind you, but not as bad as today) and there happen to be a bunch of things to do around town. Here’s a little roundup for you…
- Saratoga Children’s Theatre will be co-sponsoring a Family Fall Festival with Circus Theatricks from 6:30PM to 9:30PM Friday night, September 28th and 1PM to 4PM on Saturday, September 29th at Saint Peter’s School, 64 Hamilton Street, Saratoga Springs. The Family Fall Festival will include 25 cent games, a $10 Haunted House, refreshments, and tons of fun, bring your cameras! Activities are targeted for children up to 6th grade. Admission is FREE.
- If you love Wes Anderson as much as I do (or if you love Bill Murray as much as I do, which is a LOT) then you’ll want to go see Moonrise Kingdom, showing at the Saratoga Film Forum tonight (Friday) at 7:30 and Sunday at 7pm.
- The Caroline Street Parent Teacher Student Organization (PTSO) would like to invite the entire community to join them on Saturday, September 29th at 7pm for an outdoor movie screening serviced by FunFlicks. Tickets sold at the gate at the infield of the track at the East Side Rec. $4 per person. All proceeds from the movie event will go to funding a safe, modern, and new playground at the East Side Recreation Park, which would replace the current structure that is in serious disrepair. For More Information Call: (518) 584-7612. Click here for more info.
- The Tail of the Fish Regatta is this weekend with the Saratoga Rowing Association. For more information including schedules and directions click here. Keep in mind the change of venue, the race will now be held at the Saratoga State Boat Launch.
- On Sunday, September 30th The Saratoga Hospital Foundation presents The Greno Industries Run For The ROC, a 5K run and community walk held at the Saratoga Race Track beginning at 11:00 a.m. Registration begins at 9:00 a.m. All proceeds from the run benefit patient programs and services of the Mollie Wilmot Radiation Oncology Center at Saratoga Hospital. The event is the perfect way for the whole family to spend a fall morning. Along with the 5K, there will be a separate Lil Derby Dash race event for kids in the historic Saratoga Flat Track at 10:15 AM. Enjoy live music and refreshments will be served. Prizes will be awarded to the top three male and top three female runners, as well as top runners in each age group! The first 500 registrants will receive a race t-shirt. Registration is $25 on the day of the race.
- Ellm’s Family Farm is open, go pick some pumpkins and jump on their huge pillow! Pick some apples, try on Halloween costumes, get your hands all sticky with sugar from eating cider donuts, try a new restaurant in town, have brunch, go take a drive to Vermont, take a hike, the weekend is here…xoxo