First, let’s start off with some of my School Break Survival Guides from last year:
- Scavenger Hunt Edition
- Fort Building Edition
- Pinterest Crafts Edition
- Bubbles Edition
- Nutella Edition
Now here’s a list of great programs going on over February break, check back often for updates! Don’t worry, Mamatoga will help you get through this school break relatively unscathed. xoxo
There are TONS of events and activities going on locally this week, click here for a full list of options.
Kick it all off with the Ballston Spa 17th Annual Winter Fun Festival! Click here for all the info!
Gore Mountain is having their Presidents’ Week Holiday Camp! A great way for your children, ages 4-12, to spend their holiday vacation, skiing or riding with coaches and meeting new friends! Kids enjoy consecutive days of fun skiing/riding with the same coaches over the holiday weekend. This camp is open to all abilities and includes lift ticket, lunch, and supervision each day. Discounted rates available for Mountain Adventure participants, please call (518) 251-2411, x1005. Click here for more info and to register.
Tiny Tots Tea Room is having a Winter Break Prince/ss Camp running from Monday Feb 18th to Friday Feb 22nd. Cost is $150 for the week (Sibling Discount Available) or $35 per day. Click here for more info.
North Country Horses is having a School Vacation Lesson Specials from February 18th-22nd: Schedule 2 lessons during vacation week, for only $40! Bring a friend for a FREE trial lesson. Trial lesson is for new students to NCH, a 20 minute intro to their lesson program. A great way to share your love of riding with your friends or family!
Saratoga Arts offers three different programs during February Break: Monday – Friday February 18 – February 22
- February Break (ages 5-7) Their 1/2 day visual arts camp for the little ones. The program runs Monday – Friday, 9am – 12pm. $130 for members / $140 for nonmembers
- February Break (ages 8-14) Their full day visual arts camp. The program runs Monday – Friday, 9am – 4pm. $205 for members / $220 for non-members
- Get Into the Act! (ages 6-14) Full day theater arts camp. The program runs Monday – Friday, 9am – 3pm & concludes with the performance of a short play in our Dee Sarno Theater. $200 for members / $210 for nonmembers
Check out the Saratoga Reads! Lego Challenge on Tuesday, Feb. 19th at the Division Street Elementary School in Saratoga Springs. The challenge issued by Saratoga Reads is to build an original Lego model inspired by a favorite book. Contest participants will bring in their pre-built models between 9:30 and 10:30 a.m., with judging beginning at 10:30. I am SO thrilled to be one of the judges of this fun family event! Prizes will be awarded at each grade level, with a special prize for the entry that best characterizes Saratoga Reads.
Spend your School Breaks with Saratoga Clay Arts Center! Learn basic skills and techniques on the potters wheel. Kids will create functional pieces such as bowls, cups & mugs to bring home. Ages 9+ No experience necessary. You must be a Member to participate in their Kids&Clay Classes. If you’re not a Member, you will be billed an extra $35 for a one year Membership Fee at check out. Sibling enrollment receives 10% discount. February 18 – 22, 2013 – February Break ($225)
The Wonder Room will be open during February Break and has some fantastic educational programs:
- Monday, February 18th – 9am – 3pm Open for drop-in play and creative art. MESSY MONDAY!
- Tuesday, February 19th – Noon – 5pm Open for drop-in play and creative art. MATH LAB! Special Enrichment Program – Art Tells A Story - 10:30am-11:30am- ages 5-10 – Illustrators use art to help tell a story. Kids will use collage techniques to help illustrate common expressions. Each participant will create an 8X10 canvas collage. Fee: $10 non-members/ $8 members. Registration required. email@example.com
- Wednesday, February 20th – Noon – 3pm Open for drop-in play and creative art. Special Enrichment Program – Construction in Action- Build a Cardboard Village - 10:30am-11:30am – ages 5- 10 – What buildings make up a village? We have been collecting recyclables for this project! Make a buildings out of boxes and decorate them with bits and bobs from our collection. We have lots of inspiration and materials. Your creativity will help us create something magical together. Fee: $10 non-members/$8 members. Registration required. firstname.lastname@example.org
- Thursday, February 21st – Noon – 5pm Open for drop-in play and creative art. Special Enrichment Program – Kids Can Create in the Kitchen – Chips and Dips - 10:30am – 11:30am – ages 5-10 – A variety of sweet and savory chips and dips….some to taste and some to bring home. Fee: $10 non-members/ $8 members. Registration required. email@example.com
- Friday, February 22nd – 9am- 3pm Open for drop-in play and creative art.
Lots of great programs going on at the Wilton Wildlife Preserve and Park, click here for their calendar.
The Children’s Museum at Saratoga will be open during February Break, click here for their calendar.
The Saratoga Springs Public Library has a bunch of great programs for kids going on during school break, including a fun Cartooning and Comics workshop, Winter Campfire Stories & Songs, Bead Crafts, Button Crafts and more! Pre-registration is required, click here to get the info.
Saratoga Children’s Theatre has some great February Break programs! Click here or e-mail Meg Kelly @firstname.lastname@example.org for more info.
Do you wish your children were more aware of what they are eating? Does your child “tune you out” when you discuss nutrition? Do you want them to know the truth about commercials and food packaging labels? Do you want them to make better choices when it comes to food? Join Beverly Benfer, AADP, PT Certified Health Coach during school break for an interactive Katz & Katz Nutrition Detective© Program where she will show the kids, and you, how and why they need to think about choices they make when it comes to eating and drinking. (Parent or Guardian must attend with child) Thursday, February 21st from 9:30 – 10:30 at One Big Roof, 433 Broadway, Suite 302, Saratoga Springs. (Cost: Donations Accepted) Call 518-312-9062 or email email@example.com to register. www.karmicsynergywellness.com
Check back for updates as they come in, I’ll be in the trenches too with my own three during school break, I’ll be sharing the breaking info as it comes in so you can stay sane and have fun! xoxo