Hi Mamatogians! There's an 80% chance of rain today in our fair city, but that doesn't mean there isn't still stuff going on!
- It's short sleeved t-shirt giveaway day at the track, always a popular giveaway day, and while you're there you can see if you can pick any mudders!
- Over at SPAC at 2:15 check out "The Real Red Violin", the final performance of the Saratoga Chamber Music Festival, this is a rare opportunity to see the legendary instrument that inspired the award winning film THE RED VIOLIN. She will perform music from the film's Academy Award winning score by John Corigliano. Pitcairn owns the Red Mendelssohn Stradivarius of 1720, and is one of the few soloists who performs Corigliano's Red Violin Chaconne.
- If the rain starts to fall, head over at the Wilton Regal Cinemas at the Wilton Mall where you can check out Glee the 3D Concert Movie at 1:20, 4:30 and 7:20. The Smurfs in 3D at 4:40 or just the regular Smurfs at 1:10 or 7:40 and Harry Potter at 12:45 and 7:10. You can check out all the movie times here.
- Don't forget about the bouncy castle at the Wilton Mall, always good for a rainy day, as well as Saratoga Strike Zone for some fun family bowling and games, the Children's Museum and the Tree Paad.
- If you're staying in and feeling creative (and messy!) check out one of our favorite blogs, Modern Parents Messy Kids for some DIY Finger Paint!
- If you're out and about shopping, check out the sale at Clothes Line of Saratoga, they are having a bathing suit sale, but one get one FREE! They have a great selection of swim suits too with some great brands, definitely a great sale to stock up at!
- Tonight check out Wine Lovers the Musical over at Universal Preservation Hall. Wine Lovers tells the story of lovable painter Brian Scott and know-it-all business woman Katherine Reese, two mismatched students, attending a wine class led by an effervescent teacher, Charles Thompson, whose goal in life is to take the mystery out of wine. Over the course of 70 minutes, Brian, Katherine and the audience learn all about reds, whites, screw caps, Zinfandels...and a little bit about love. It shows today at 2pm and 7:30pm and tickets are $59.
Let us know if you have any other activities you want to see here on our new Mamatoga Daily feature, or any other rainy day activities around town!