Brr! It's a brisk start to this Tuesday, although it is supposed to warm up a bit so don't worry Mamatogians, fall isn't here just yet! There's some great stuff going on today, there is the rescheduled polo match that was rained out on Sunday (which is FREE today) and if tonight's match is anything like Friday's match was you're in for an exciting night readers! And don't forget to keep taking pictures for our First Annual Summer in Saratoga Photo Contest, time is running out to enter for the grand prize! Also keep sending in your book suggestions for our first book for our online book club, we'll be having a vote to select the title soon!
- Saratoga Arts presents Art in the Park from 10am to 6pm in Historic Congress Park. Art in the Park is a fine arts and design exhibition featuring over 70 artists. Artists and fine craftspeople working in all media display their original work and are on hand to discuss it with the public. There is no admission fee to the public for Art in the Park, and all are welcome. Refreshments will be available in the park.
- Wilton Wildlife Preserve and Park has their Art Exploration Series at 10:30am. Join them while they dissect a flower to understand its parts and recreate their own version of a flower using creative crafts. The program will take place at the picnic table pavilion near the dining hall at Camp Saratoga at 10:30 am. to have some creative fun.
- The Children's Museum has Summertime Tots today from 10am to 2pm. A special time for the littlest visitors. Finger-paint, make music, create pavement pictures, blow bubbles and much more! Join us every Tuesday during the Summer, when we will close off the upper parking lot and fill it with all kinds of activities. In the event of rain, meet in the Community Room! Cost is free with admission.
- At the Tang Museum at Skidmore College there is an Exhibitions Overview/Behind the Scenes at the Tang at 1pm.
- The track is closed, but music echoes from the Hudson River Valley. Bring a bag lunch and enjoy the views while listening to free concerts every Tuesday at the Saratoga National Historical Park in Stillwater. Sponsored by Friends of Saratoga Battlefield.
- A fun event going on over at the track is the La Fiesta Festival at the Oklahoma Training Track. La Fiesta celebrates the traditional culture and folk art of the backstretch. A live band will perform traditional music, there will be craft demonstrations, a pinata for kids and Mexican food. Everything is free to the public, except there is a charge for the food, from 5 to 8pm.
- Over at Saratoga Polo, the Yvlisaker Cup Finals have been rescheduled for today at 5:30pm. Admission is FREE and a cash bar will be available. Tickets that were purchases for the Aug. 21 match will be honored at any match through Sept. 4. For more information click here or call 518-584-8108.
- The Summer Concert Series continues tonight in Congress Park from 7-8:30pm. E'Town Express will perform original works and covers. Local attorney Robert Pulsifer leaves his professional demeanor at the office and will transform with a high energy for a performance to delight audiences of all ages. Admission is free.
- The Washington County Fair continues today at the Washington County Fairgrounds, Greenwich, NY at 10am. Fun family entertainment! A celebration of agriculture in Washington County, NY. Livestock, Rodeo, Motorsports, Exhibits and Carnival. The cost is $10 for adults, children under 14 is free.
- Also don't forget Travers Restaurant Week continues! Running through Sat, Aug 27, 2011 at participating restaurants throughout the Capital Region, restaurants will feature three-course meals from limited menus for $18.64, a price chosen to reflect the year of the first running of the Saratoga Race Course’s biggest event. All participating restaurants will offer the $18.64 menus for dinner from Sunday, Aug. 22, through Thursday, Aug. 26; the 141st running of the $1 million Travers Stakes is scheduled for Saturday, Aug. 28. See the list of restaurants and their menus here.