Well let me just be the first to say Rabbit Rabbit readers! September is upon us and with that a whole lot of excitement of the new school year and new fun fall activities! But we still have a tiny bit of summer left, so let's get out and enjoy it! We're going to continue our poll for our Book Club today as we will for the rest of the week, and we are also going to call for your Summer in Saratoga Photo Contest submissions! The pictures have been coming in and they are all fabulous! It will be hard to narrow it down to three, which we will then have YOU, the readers, vote on! We also have details coming up about our amazing benefit and launch party that will be held at Irish Times, we can't WAIT to share the details with you, we are so excited about it!
- The Ballston Spa Farmers' Market is today from 3-6pm in Wiswall Park. Customers can expect to find seasonal fruits and vegetables, as well as many other local agricultural products at the market including beef, pork, chicken, eggs, maple syrup, honey, herbs, perennial plants, annuals, houseplants, cut flowers and ice cream made with local fruits. Several bakers offer a huge variety of baked goods including cookies, breads, pies, pastries, cakes, and muffins. The market also has specialty vendors who sell a variety of regional and handcrafted artisan items.
- The Children's Museum has Wiggle and Giggle from 10-11:30am, a time for children to explore the many different things that they can do with their bodies! We will crawl through tunnels, walk the balance beam, roll balls, toss bean bags, and make music with all kinds of instruments. Drop in anytime between 10:00am and 11:30am to meet new friends and get some exercise!
- Saratoga racing fans can enjoy two “Party at the Spa” events today. Party at the Spa features a first post of 2:30 pm with the last race starting before “full twilight” hits Saratoga. Then, stay after the races for live music at The Paddock Bar, near the clubhouse admission gates.
- The Tang Museum at Skidmore has UpBeat on the Roof with Rich Ortiz featuring funk, pop, and folk music from 7-8:30pm, admission is free.
- Saratoga Polo has the Celebrate Saratoga Cup tonight starting at 5:30. Come check out one of the last matches of the Saratoga Polo season until next year! Cost: Clubhouse Unreserved $25.00 per person. General Admission $25.00 per car load Clubhouse and General Admission Reserved $40.00 per car load.
- SPAC has Journey tonight, and kids get in free with GE Kids in Free Days!
- The Saratoga Farmers' Market is today from 9-1 at the High Rock Pavilions on High Rock Ave. Stop by and check out our favorite Lewis Waite Farm! We'll be featuring some of their local products in our recipe Monday so get out and support our local farmers!
- Today and Sunday is Day Out with Thomas! at Saratoga & North Creek Railway. Cost is $18 per ticket ages 2 and up (service charges may apply). Take a 25-minute ride with Thomas the Tank Engine with an opportunity to meet Sir Topham Hatt, Controller of The Railway. Enjoy activities for the whole family! Check out some helpful tips on visiting Thomas right here!
- Today is the 2nd Annual Run for the Horses 5K race to benefit the Thoroughbred Retirement Foundation and the 1,100 former racehorses currently in their care. Tee-shirt to first 250 registrants, prizes to all Kids Fun Run participants. Mile markers and water on course. Tropies and medals to top 3 men and women overall and in each age category. Refreshments after race. Cost is $20 for pre-registrants, $25 day-of (Kids Fun Run is free) from 8:30 to 11am at Saratoga Spa State Park, Orenda Pavilion.
- Starting today and going through Monday is the Final Stretch Festival! This three-day festival marks the culmination of the Saratoga racing season with live music downtown and at the track including Family Fun Fest, Labor Day Barbecue and the Final Stretch Music Festival (which we will elaborate on here).
- The Final Stretch Music Festival September 3rd & 4th from 7-11pm promises great live music and fun for all ages and musical tastes in Saratoga Springs! There will be popular bands and music artists at venues all over Spa City all weekend long. Downtown many of the shops will be open late for final-stretch shoppers, and of course the downtown restaurants will be open as well! Check out the musical line up here.
- The Family Fun Fest will take place on Sunday, September 4th from 10:30 a.m. – 5 p.m. and Monday, September 5th, from 11 a.m. – 5 p.m. During this time, the backyard area will host a variety of family-friendly attractions such as carnival games, face painting, caricatures, spin art, giant inflatables and pony rides. Juggler and stilt walker Sparkles will entertain both young and old and there will be a magic show, too. Kids can also climb Coca-Cola’s inflatable rock wall, try the Adrenaline Rush obstacle course, or bounce in the Bounce Around house. Proceeds from activities at the Family Fun Fest benefit Ronald McDonald Charities of the Capital Region. The non-profit organization provides comfort, support and respite for families of seriously ill children in a compassionate, home-like environment.
- Today is the last giveaway day at the track and the giveaway is one of the favorites, long sleeved t-shirts!