- Tomorrow - The Children's Museum offers Story Art at 10:30 Stories are read, and then the imagination of your child is set free to create their own artwork. Perfect for all ages, and is free with admission. In the evening, drop your teen at Open Mike Night at the Library at 7m, while you head to Congress Park and listen to the sounds of the 42nd Infantry Army National Guard. These concerts are Free, and a nice way to relax with the family.
- Friday - Wake up and take a walk with other moms in Stroller Strides at 9:30 in front of Ben & Jerry's. Not only do you walk with your babe in stroller, you do other arm exercises and can talk to moms - talk about multi-tasking! Then head over to either Library Babies at 10:30 for infants through 12 months, or to the Children's Museum with toddlers, for Stretching with Stuffee. This takes place at 10:30 as well, and your child can improve flexibility and movement with silly songs and games. Friday Night, take the whole gang over to Strike Zone for Family Game Night. $12 per person allows for one game, shoe rentals, pizza & soda, one bumper car ride and 4 arcade tokens. Perfect way to start the weekend!
- Saturday is busy, busy, busy. First there is Postpartum Pilates Workshop at Reform Pilates located at 18 Division Street, Suite 203. Learn the correct exercises for your body after giving birth and get in a great workout from 9-10am. Afterwards, bring the kids to Big Truck Day at Maple Avenue Middle School from 10-2. This costs $5 per child and $1 for an accompanying adult. There is food and drink for purchase, but more importantly, there are BIG TRUCKS!!! From fire engines, to buses, to 18-wheelers, all kids will love this! The Tang Museum is once again hosting their Family Saturday program from 2-3:30. This week's theme is Story Towers: look at Josh Dorman's complex and detailed collage/painting of a tower, and then make your own 3-D cone-shaped collage with materials provided by the Tang.
- Monday, don't forget Stroller Strides again at 9:30, and then head over to meet a wonderful group of moms who have stared an informal group from 11:30 to 1:30 at West Side Rec. I may be joining this one!! The Children's Museum also has their Summer Science program featuring Fossils! An extra $2 with admission at 2pm.
- Tuesday, very important date to remember - Registration for the Fall program at the YMCA for Full Members. Classes fill up quickly so wake up early!! Summertime Tots at the Children's Museum from 10-2pm allows your child to create artwork outside from pavement pictures and finger-painting, to blowing bubbles. Another Free Concert in Congress Park featuring Maggie Doherty and Zac Rossi at 7pm. These evenings are so nice and a great place to meet your neighbors.
- Wednesday, Saratoga County Fairgrounds is holding the Adirondack Circuit Dog Show. If your are a dog owner or lover, this is the place to be. The Race Course is celebrating Mardi Gras in the summer at 2pm. The French Quarter will descend upon the Spa City with lots to see. The Children's Museum also has Artrageous! from 2-3, where your child can learn about a famous artist and then create their own masterpiece.
Well that does it for now. If you attend any of these events, let us know how they were. Also, don't forget to scroll down and read more about our Summertime Photo Contest - great prize!!! Have a great week everyone!