There is a LOT going on this weekend Mamatogians! Irish Fest 2000 kicks off tomorrow, Ellms Family Farm has Oktobeerfest on Saturday, and the Saratoga Palio runs on Sunday! It's supposed to be a cool and crisp fall weekend, so if you're in the mood for some fall fun check out our Fall Preview post for some ideas of autumn ideas in the area! Also if you still haven't voted for the winner of our Summer in Saratoga Photo Contest you can scroll to the bottom to cast your vote(see our flickr stream on the sidebar for the photos)! If you're out and about shopping this weekend, check out one of our favorite shops for kids AND moms, the Miss Scarlett Boutique, and told them Mamatoga sent you! PLUS tomorrow we have a really fun giveaway, it's a really neat gadget that you're going to want to enter to win so check back to find out what it is!
- Stroller Strides will meet at 9:30 for a brisk walk around town with baby in tow! Check their facebook page for meeting spot.
- At the Wilton Wildlife Preserve they have Painting in Nature from 10-12pm. Come down to Delegan Pond, spend some time outside and let nature be your muse. All supplies included or bring your own! Pre-register by calling 450-0321 and click here for directions and more information.
- The Children’s Museum has Wiggle & Giggle from 10-11:30am. A time for children to explore the many different things that they can do with their bodies! We will crawl through tunnels, walk the balance beam, roll balls, toss bean bags, and make music with all kinds of instruments. Drop in anytime between 10:00am and 11:30am to meet new friends and get some exercise!
- Irish Fest 2000 is happening at the Saratoga Fairgrounds. The 15th Annual Irish 2000 Festival at the Saratoga County Fairgrounds brings together some of the greatest Celtic performers in the world.
- Just a reminder that the Saratoga Springs Library is closed today!
Saturday, September 17, 2011
- Today starts the Saratoga Showcase of Homes. The Saratoga Builders Association brings you the 16th annual Showcase of Homes! For three consecutive weekends, the Saratoga Builders Associationshows off the area's finest homes built by the Capital Region's best home builders and designers. This year, the event will showcase 19 new homes from 16 award-winning builders throughout Saratoga County, in and around Saratoga Springs including the towns of Greenfield Center, Malta, Moreau, Ballston Spa, Halfmoon and Wilton. Throughout the three weekends you are able to tour the beautiful homes and explore the latest designs in high-quality furnishings and fixtures as well as the latest building techniques and products. The Showcase of Homes will run this weekend as well as September 24 & 25 and October 1 & 2.
- Saratoga Savoy Diamond Dance – 454 Broadway from 7:30 – 11:30pm. At the Diamond Dance you can enjoy hours of live music performed by some of the best local and nationally known musicians, dance demonstrations, DJ’d music between sets, art exhibits, discounts on dance lessons, the elegance of the historic Saratoga Music Hall, free food and a free beginner dance lesson at 7:30pm and Ben & Jerry’s Ice Cream! All of this for only $15
- Saratoga National Historic Park- 234th Anniversary of the Battles of Saratoga – Celebrate the battles and events that changed the course of the Revolutionary War and the town of Stillwater’s rich heritage. Free from 11am to 4pm.
- Gateway Garage Sale - Gateway House of Peace 479 Rowland Street, Ballston Spa, from 9am-3pm.
- Oktobeerfest at Ellms Family Farm from 1pm – 6pm. Oktobeerfest will celebrate German culture with an afternoon featuring authentic German bier and cuisine as well as seasonal craft beers from many regional breweries. German and American food will be provided, as well as wine and non-alcoholic beverages. There will be live music throughout the afternoon, contests, games and more fun!
- Irish Fest 2000 continues at the Saratoga Fairgrounds. The 15th Annual Irish 2000 Festival at the Saratoga County Fairgrounds brings together some of the greatest Celtic performers in the world.
- 6th Annual Christie’s Heartoberfest – Columbia Pavillion, Saratoga Spa State Park from 1-5:30pm. Food and drinks, dozens of raffle items (tickets just $1!), FREE ADMISSION! Christie’s Heartoberfest is fun for all ages. Grab a slice of pizza and a beer, enjoy great company, fill out your free door prize tickets…bring home some great stuff!!All proceeds from raffle ticket and auction sales benefit the SADS Foundation to help spread awareness for the warning signs of cardiac arrhythmia conditions. Undiagnosed conditions can lead to sudden death, as it did for Christie Tolosky (Shenendehowa Class of 1999/Siena class of 2003) in 2005.
- SPAC - The United States Coast Guard Band. FREE at 2pm
- 5K Run/Walk & Kids’ Fun Run – for Colon Cancer Awareness. Saratoga Spa State Park, Registration opens at 7am, Kids Fun Run at 8:15am, 5K Timed Run at 8:30, 5K Walk at 8:35am.
Sunday, September 18, 2011
- Wilton Wildlife Preserve - Art Exploration! at 2pm. Parts of a Flower at Delegan Pond picnic tables. Discover the beauty behind flowers! Dissect a flower to understand its parts and recreate your own version of a flower using creative crafts. All supplies included, for children 6 and up. Click here for directions.
- Saratoga Palio is today! A half marathon, 5K and a children’s run, this event in memory of Melanie Merola O’Donnell. Donations to support the Franklin Community Center. Visit their website for registration and more information.
- At the Library they have Seth and the Moody Melix from 2-3pm. A multi-cultural music experience featuring guitar, fiddle, horns and percussion that will leave your children singing along to what they just heard. For kids 3 and up.