SO MUCH to do this weekend Mamatogians! I'll keep this part short and sweet since there is so much to read about this weekend, but I'd like to remind you all to VOTE for our First Annual Summer in Saratoga Photo Contest winner, which will be announced this Sunday! If you need a sitter for some weekend fun, check out Sittertoga! Why use one of those sites where you have to PAY to be matched up with a sitter, we have a bunch of great sitters all waiting for jobs, and we'll set you up with one FOR FREE! Also, if you didn't get a chance to check it out this afternoon, take a look at my post about one of my personal favorite shops in Saratoga Springs, Silverwood Galleries (check out one of the pics from the post at left). I guarantee you'll fall in love with it at first sight! Friday, September 30, 2011
- The Saratoga Library has Library Babies for children under 24 months with parent or caregiver from 10:30-noon.
- The Children's Museum has Wiggle and Giggle from 10-11:30am. A time for children to explore the many different things that they can do with their bodies! We will crawl through tunnels, walk the balance beam, roll balls, toss bean bags, and make music with all kinds of instruments.
- Starting today through Sunday at Riverview Orchards is Harvest Days! Events are happening all weekend and include: Friday, September 30 6 PM - 9 PM:
- Story telling
Saturday, October 1 10 AM - 9 PM
- Sky Divers
- Dunking Booth
- Face Painting
- Bounce House
- Pony Rides
- Hay Rides
- 21’ Slide
- Vendors/ Crafters
- Pie Eating Contests
PLUS Live entertainment: Don't miss a Battle of the Bands competition and live performances by Back 40 Band and Anthony Gargiula. End the night with a bang with a fireworks display by Alonzo sponsored by Price Chopper.
Sunday, October 2 6 AM
- Sunrise services on the Mohawk with Bagpipes
- Apple Picking
- Pumpkin carving
Admission is FREE all weekend. All proceeds from games and rides to benefit local charities. For More Information Call: (518) 371-2174.
- One of Mamatoga’s favorite non-profits, the Double H Ranch has a great event tonight: FUNDRAISING BY FRIENDS – Witt Showcase Fiesta from 6:30 to10:30pm at 87 Brown Road in Saratoga Springs. You’re invited to party at the Witt Showcase Fiesta. Chili from local restaurants, beer and wine provided. Individual $30, Couple $50. To register by phone: 518 696-5921 ext. 269. Stay tuned to Mamatoga for more events and information about Double H Ranch!
Saturday, October 1, 2011
- The Saratoga Farmers’ Market is on today from 9am-1pm at the High Rock Pavilions on High Rock Ave. The Saratoga 2011 Outdoor Market Season is into its fall fun time. Coming soon, The Great Pumpkin Contest….The market is bigger than ever with over 50 LOCAL vendors. They have everything from meats to flowers, milk to veggies, pottery to soap, honey, ready-to eat food and yummy baked goods. All their products are locally grown/produced. Every market has live music, great hot/cold beverages and a sense of living strong.
- Wilton Wildlife Preserve has their Pine Oak Walk at Camp Saratoga, 10am. Come and learn all about the trees from small native species to clonal invasive species, and their importance in the ecosystem. Click here for directions.
- In Greenwich today there is the Downtown Fall Festival from 10am-5pm. Celebrate autumn with music, activities, seasonal products and more! Explore the variety of shops and services that Greenwich has to offer. Enjoy breakfast, lunch or dinner at one of the downtown eateries.
- The Saratoga Library has Library Babies for children under 24 months with parent or caregiver from 10-11am. Saturday Family Story Time for children ages 2-5 from 11:30-noon.
- At SPAC today and Sunday the Saratoga Native American Festival 2011 will be held. The two-day festival will feature traditional dancers, performers, and vendors and will be fun for the whole family! $10/Adults, $5 kids 12 and under.
- The Children’s Museum has Story Art from 10:30-11am. Reading together is always better, so please join us for an exciting new story each week! We’ll use our imaginations and stories from around the world to inspire creative and unique art projects.
- From noon to 4pm at The Hyde Collection take a journey through the world of children's book illustrations. Art activities, family tours, and more including a Facebook project: bring your favorite children's book, we'll take your picture with it, then post it on our Facebook page! All ages welcome. Admission is free.
- Today through Sunday is the last weekend of the 2011 Showcase of Homes. Cost is $20 and is good for all remaining days of the showcase. This is the last weekend left to explore 16 of Saratoga County's most beautiful homes! See the latest in home interior designs, exterior designs, building, landscaping and more!
Sunday, October 2, 2011
- At the Saratoga Race Track the Saratoga Hospital Foundation presents The Greno Industries Run For The ROC, a 5K run and community walk beginning at 11:00 a.m. Registration begins at 9:00 a.m. Cost is $25.
- The Wilton Wildlife Preserve has Art Exploration! at Delegan Pond picnic tables from 2-3pm. Learn with your hands as you work with clay to discover the many advantages of bird adaptations. Sculpt your way through these adaptations and evaluate the importance for survival. For children 6 and up. Click here for directions.
- At the Saratoga Battlefield they have Rendevous with Treason: The Benedict Arnold Betrayal. Educators and actors Sean Grady and Gary Petagine portray the conspirators in this riveting first-person performance about their attempt to bring down the cause for American Independence. 1:30 – 3pm.