I hope everyone had a fantastic weekend Mamatogians! I myself am pleasantly tired out from a fantastic weekend trip up to Lake Placid. We visited S.'s alma mater Northwood School, the Olympic Ski Jump Complex, had an amazing meal at Eat and Meet and hiked some beautiful trails! I hope everyone had a great weekend as well, and here are some activities for Monday to start your week off right!
- Check out the Prestwick Chase Farmers' Market open every Monday in Saratoga Springs from 3pm-6pm through October 3rd (with the exception of July 4th and Labor Day) See a wide variety of local vendors from Saratoga County and surrounding areas offering fresh produce, meats, and other local goods. Click their link for directions.
The library has a bunch of activities and programs starting today:
- First is their Parent/Child Workshop for children ages 12-36 months with a parent or caregiver. Mondays, beginning Sept. 19 and ending November 28 (except Oct. 10.) For registration information contact 584-7860 and press 3. Children ages 12–36 months and their parent or caregiver will participate in interactive hands-on learning and play stations. A children’s librarian will lead a circle-time with songs and movement activities. (H. Dutcher Community Room). Two different times for the workshops are available: Mondays, Sept. 19–Nov. 28 from 9:15–10:30 a.m. and Mondays, Sept. 19–Nov. 28 from10:45 a.m.–Noon.
- They also have their Preschool Story/Music Program on Mondays starting tomorrow through November 28th. In this program children ages 42 months–5 years will have fun with age appropriate musical instruments and enjoy interactive storytelling led by a children’s librarian. (Crawshaw Story Room). This program will be offered at the following times: 10:15–10:45 a.m. and 2:00–2:30 p.m.
- Also at the Library on Mondays (and Thursdays) they have Preschool Story Time (through Dec. 1st) from 10:15–10:45 a.m. A children’s librarian will read aloud, offering stories and visuals that will help build your preschooler’s vocabulary and spark their imaginations. Children ages 42 months–5 years will enjoy, learn, and develop emerging literacy skills through this popular story time program. (Crawshaw Story Room).
- The Library is also offering free classes in Baby Massage, facilitated by Linda Addario, LMT and PTA. For babies up to 6 months old, thier parents, grandparents and caregivers. Learn calming baby massage techniques to relax both you and your baby! Please plan on attending all three sessions: 9/26, 10/3, and 10/17. Register in the children's Room or call 584-7860, option 3.
Also meeting today are:
- Stroller Strides – meet at 9:30 for a good workout and meet other moms! Check their facebook page for meeting spot.
- Spa City Moms – an informal moms group. Check their facebook page for meeting information.
Some side notes:
- You can donate old Halloween costumes for families in our area. The Comic Depot is accepting donations to benefit the Franklin Community Center and the families they help within the Saratoga Springs school district.
- We're sending out a call for girls interested in Daisy's, Brownies and Girl Scouts within the Saratoga Springs School District, and moms willing to volunteer their time. Please contact email@example.com.