- This Saturday, celebrity chef Marcus Samuelsson will host a “Kids Cooking Revolution" at the Saratoga Wine and Food and Fall Ferrari Festival. It will be a fun, interactive cooking class to teach children how to prepare healthy, kid-friendly meals. This is the first time SPAC has presented an event for children as part of the festival. Tickets for the hour-long demo are $10 for kids, $20 for adults; proceeds will benefit classical programming at Saratoga Performing Arts Center.
- Saratoga State Park – 5 for Five, Race for a Cure. Race begins at the Warming Hut in scenic Saratoga Springs State Park and continues through the trails and park paths with mile markers and water stations. Don’t want to run? That’s okay, walkers are welcome. Register online.
- Kingswood Golf Course – 2011 SunKiss Balloon Festival from 6am to 7pm. There will be family activities and fun for all ages throughout the day. Each morning at the Kingswood Golf Course will begin with a 30 hot air balloon mass accession including 4 special shaped hot air balloons! Check out or special shapes to decide which will be your favorite! Free for all.
- Lowes Build and Grow – 10am, Take your child to Lowes and build a cool police car, complete with stickersand flashing lights. This is free and easy to register online.
- Wilton Wildlife Preserve – Monarch Butterfly Walk. Join them for a nature walk with the Monarch butterflies. The walk covers about a mile of gently rolling terrain. Looking for the butterflies during their peak season just before they start to head to Mexico for the winter. The monarch butterflies love WWPP for its many nectar species and its open pine/oak savannah. The walk will not take place if there is rain. Old Gick Farm Trail from 2-3pm. Click here for directions.
- Wilton Wildlife Preserve – Pond Exploration! What is the difference between a dragonfly and a damselfly? If you’re not sure, stop by Delegan Pond to learn about the dragonfly and damselfly life cycles as well as the pond ecosystem. After the 20-minute lesson, we will explore for critters in our pond using dip nets. This program is for children 4 years old and older. From 11-12pm at the Delegan Pond. Click here for directions.
- Double H Ranch in Lake Luzerne – 2nd Annual Camp Challenge Ride. Challenge yourself and change the life of a child. Choose from a 15 mile, 30 mile or metric century (62 mile) ride through the Adirondacks. All proceeds benefit children with life-threatening diseases. For more informations call 696-5921 extention 239, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or visit the website.
- Kingswood Golf Course - 2011 SunKiss Balloon Festival from 6am to 7pm. There will be family activities and fun for all ages throughout the day. Each morning at the Kingswood Golf Course will begin with a 30 hot air balloon mass accession including 4 special shaped hot air balloons! Check out or special shapes to decide which will be your favorite! Free for all.
- SPAC - Saratoga Wine and Food Fest - the final day offers the Italian Sparkling Jazz Brunch and Auto Awards at 11am.
- Rock for the Region - 1-4pm. Savannah's in Albany. Want to help your neighbors after all of the destruction left behind by Irene, but no idea where to turn? Here's your chance! The event will feature multiple local bands, including The Ill Funk Ensemble, Voodoo Lily and The Getdown, with more to come! It will also include a silent auction, a raffle and a clothing and furniture drive hosted by Miranda Realty Group. All monetary proceeds will be donated to The Red Cross of Northeastern New York- $20 at the door includes food, fun, music and the chance to help your friends and neighbors devastated by Irene. This is an all-ages show, so bring the whole family!