Hello readers! I hope you're having a great Labor Day Weekend so far! We were out and about today and there were tons of people enjoying the beautiful weather today in our fair city! Unfortunately that weather might not hold up for the whole weekend, but we can keep our fingers crossed since there is still plenty of things going on for the extended weekend. And keep those pictures coming in readers! We are already narrowing down our list for the finalists for the Summer in Saratoga Photo Contest and we are really enjoying seeing your summer snaps! SUNDAY:
- The Family Fun Fest will take place today from 10:30 a.m. – 5 p.m. and Monday, September 5th, from 11 a.m. – 5 p.m. at the Saratoga Race Course. During this time, the backyard area will host a variety of family-friendly attractions such as carnival games, face painting, caricatures, spin art, giant inflatables and pony rides. Juggler and stilt walker Sparkles will entertain both young and old and there will be a magic show, too. Kids can also climb Coca-Cola’s inflatable rock wall, try the Adrenaline Rush obstacle course, or bounce in the Bounce Around house. Proceeds from activities at the Family Fun Fest benefit Ronald McDonald Charities of the Capital Region. The non-profit organization provides comfort, support and respite for families of seriously ill children in a compassionate, home-like environment.
- Today is the last giveaway day at the track and the giveaway is one of the favorites, long sleeved t-shirts!
- Today is the last match of the Saratoga Polo season until next year! I'm really going to miss this favorite summer activity of mine, it was a great season! Cost: Clubhouse Unreserved $25.00 per person. General Admission $25.00 per car load Clubhouse and General Admission Reserved $40.00 per car load.
- Don't forget about Thomas the Tank Engine for the kiddies who love trains. It is at the Saratoga/North Creek Railway at 10am. Enjoy a 25 minute train ride along the Hudson and other activities for the whole family!
- Elton John is playing at SPAC tonight! Who's going?
- It's fan appreciation day at the track this Labor Day! All fans will receive free grandstand and clubhouse admission in honor of the final day of the 143rd meet at Saratoga Race Course on Labor Day, Monday, September 5.
- You can also enjoy a barbecue at the track today! There will be a barbecue lunch at the track's At the Rail Pavilion. Bring family and friends to enjoy a delicious bbq with all-American classics - hamburgers, hot dogs, chicken, salad and of course dessert. The price for the barbeque lunch, which also includes Clubhouse Admission and Official Post Parade Program is $24 for adults and $14 for children (ages 3-12). Call 1-888-516-NYRA for tickets.