Busy day today Mamatogians! Finn had a successful first day at kindergarten and I hope all of your kids who went off for their first days came home happy as well, it's going to be a great school year! I had a chance to chat with my neighbor while waiting for the bus (in the pouring rain) and I love the advice and information you can get from talking with a fellow mom that's been there and done that. Her son is in the same school as Finn, in the second grade, and she had some tips and helpful advice for me, the grade school newbie. It made me think that this is what Mamatoga is all about, all of us sharing our collective knowledge about raising kids in Saratoga and helping each other out! If you ever have any questions or comments you want to share let us know and we will get it up here so we can foster the community here at Mamatoga. Also, check out our post today about our brand new Mamatoga Marketplace! We also have another new feature coming soon that we know you guys will be sure to love! So think of us as that helpful neighbor who knows the good babysitters, or the mom at school who always knows the best bargains in town, or the co-worker that is always up to date on when the registrations are for sports and school, together we can have it all in one spot for you, Mamatoga! Check our the calendar for Thursday Mamatogians, and as always, let us know of any events you want us to add as well, simply email us or facebook message us and we'll get it up asap!
- Registration for the Saratoga Springs Library Preschool Programs begins for everyone, regardless of residency, today at 9am. You can register in the Children’s Room or by phone at 584-7869 opt. 3 for all toddler and preschool story times, story/music, and/or the parent child workshops. You can register once for the entire series.
- Also at the library at 7pm, freelance journalist Brendan O'Meara will give a reading from his new book "Six Weeks in Saratoga: How Three Year Old Filly Rachel Alexandra Beat the Boys and Became Horse of the Year". A book signing will follow the event. In the Dutcher Community Room, call 584-7860 for information.
- The Children's Museum has Story Art from 10:30-11am. Reading together is always better, so join them for an exciting new story each week! We’ll use our imaginations and stories from around the world to inspire creative and unique art projects. Cost is free with museum admission.
- I will be teaching a children’s yoga class for 8-11 year olds at One Yoga Saratoga from 4:30-5:30pm with a corresponding adult class in the same building at Hot Yoga Saratoga, bring the kids in to de-stress from the first week of school and get in a workout for yourself at the same time! Check out the class descriptions and schedule for One Yoga Saratoga here, and the same for Hot Yoga Saratoga here. Drop ins are always welcome too!
- And don't forget, the Saratoga Wine and Food Festival and Fall Ferrari Festival starts Friday and runs all weekend! Get all of the information and buy tickets here! This year, celebrity chef Marcus Samuelsson will host a "Kids Cooking Revolution", a fun, interactive cooking class to teach children how to prepare healthy, kid-friendly meals. This is the first time SPAC has presented an event for children as part of the festival. Tickets for the hour-long demo are $10 for kids, $20 for adults; proceeds will benefit classical programming at Saratoga Performing Arts Center.