Hey there Mamatogians! I don't mean to rain on anyone's parade (or pumpkin picking) but the weather for this weekend is not looking so hot. BUT, we are going to keep our fingers crossed that we will have good weather, in case we don't, check out this post for some ideas on what to do on a rainy day, and here is the movie schedule at the Wilton Mall in case you want to check out a flick and the bounce house instead. Speaking of movies, did you see my post on Weird Childhood Movies from today? Check it out and weigh in on whether or not you would show The Neverending Story to YOUR child! We had a great week here at Mamatoga, I visited my favorite downtown shop, Silverwood Gallery; Lev and I picked apples at FoCastle Orchard and we had some awesome posts by our fitness contributing author Jeannette and our cooking contributing author Kim! We also added more stuff to the Marketplace, and I just added five new sitters to our Sittertoga database, so keep us in mind if you want to use a FREE site to get set up with local sitters! We are going to run our Freebie Friday Giveaway all weekend, where you can win FREE PRESALE PASSES to the Katrina Trask Consignment Sale so enter to win! And don't forget, this is the LAST WEEKEND to vote for our Mamatoga First Annual Summer in Saratoga Photo Contest, we will announce our winner on Sunday, and so far the voting is super close so be sure to vote for your favorite and have a fantastic weekend Mamatogians! Saturday, October 1st
- The Saratoga Farmers’ Market is on today from 9am-1pm at the High Rock Pavilions on High Rock Ave. The Saratoga 2011 Outdoor Market Season is into its fall fun time. Coming soon, The Great Pumpkin Contest….The market is bigger than ever with over 50 LOCAL vendors. They have everything from meats to flowers, milk to veggies, pottery to soap, honey, ready-to eat food and yummy baked goods. All their products are locally grown/produced. Every market has live music, great hot/cold beverages and a sense of living strong.
- Wilton Wildlife Preserve has their Pine Oak Walk at Camp Saratoga, 10am. Come and learn all about the trees from small native species to clonal invasive species, and their importance in the ecosystem. Click here for directions.
- In Greenwich today there is the Downtown Fall Festival from 10am-5pm. Celebrate autumn with music, activities, seasonal products and more! Explore the variety of shops and services that Greenwich has to offer. Enjoy breakfast, lunch or dinner at one of the downtown eateries.
- The Saratoga Library has Library Babies for children under 24 months with parent or caregiver from 10-11am. Saturday Family Story Time for children ages 2-5 from 11:30-noon.
- At SPAC today and Sunday the Saratoga Native American Festival 2011 will be held. The two-day festival will feature traditional dancers, performers, and vendors and will be fun for the whole family! $10/Adults, $5 kids 12 and under.
- The Children’s Museum has Story Art from 10:30-11am. Reading together is always better, so please join us for an exciting new story each week! We’ll use our imaginations and stories from around the world to inspire creative and unique art projects.
- From noon to 4pm at The Hyde Collection take a journey through the world of children’s book illustrations. Art activities, family tours, and more including a Facebook project: bring your favorite children’s book, we’ll take your picture with it, then post it on our Facebook page! All ages welcome. Admission is free.
- Today through Sunday is the last weekend of the 2011 Showcase of Homes. Cost is $20 and is good for all remaining days of the showcase. This is the last weekend left to explore 16 of Saratoga County’s most beautiful homes! See the latest in home interior designs, exterior designs, building, landscaping and more!
Sunday, October 2nd
- At the Saratoga Race Track the Saratoga Hospital Foundation presents The Greno Industries Run For The ROC, a 5K run and community walk beginning at 11:00 a.m. Registration begins at 9:00 a.m. Cost is $25.
- The Wilton Wildlife Preserve has Art Exploration! at Delegan Pond picnic tables from 2-3pm. Learn with your hands as you work with clay to discover the many advantages of bird adaptations. Sculpt your way through these adaptations and evaluate the importance for survival. For children 6 and up. Click here for directions.
- At the Saratoga Battlefield they have Rendevous with Treason: The Benedict Arnold Betrayal. Educators and actors Sean Grady and Gary Petagine portray the conspirators in this riveting first-person performance about their attempt to bring down the cause for American Independence. 1:30 – 3pm.