Halloween isn't till Monday, but there are some great Halloween events going on this weekend in Saratoga Springs! The 10th Annual Downtown Business Association Fall Festival is taking place on Saturday, October 29 at 10 am. This family friendly event has something for everyone, here are just some of the events planned:
- Twinkle the Bear
- 'Sparkles' the stilt juggler
- Arts and crafts
- Cupcake decorating
- Spooky trolley rides
- Petting zoo
- Pumpkin decorating
- Pumpkin rolling races down Caroline Street
- Live music
- Trick or treating
- Bumper car rides
- Bounce around castle
- Haunted Fun Palace
And don't forget about Thrill the 518! Thrill the World is a worldwide attempt to break the World Record for the Largest Simultaneous Dance to Michael Jackson’s Thriller. Thousands of people in cities all around the world will learn the Thriller dance and perform it precisely at the same time and right here in Saratoga Springs that time will be 10pm on Saturday, October 29th. During the Fall Festival there will be a free Thriller dance class workshop from 11am to 1pm at the Saratoga Springs Senior Center at 5 William Street in Saratoga. A final workshop of the Thriller Dance will take place from 8pm to 9pm. (All dancers are requested to bring extra socks) Participants can pre-register at the Star 101.3 Live Broadcast from 11am to 4pm during the festival day. Registration for Thriller 518 begins at 8pm and closes at 9:15pm. Please Note: No one can dance without registering. And in addition The Fall Festival Committee is thrilled to welcome Michael Jackson impersonator, Miguel G. Jackson, who will be leading the dancers at 10 PM during this worldwide 6 minute Michael Jackson dance. Soul Session Edu-tainment, Inc., will install the special effect lighting and the sound system will be provided by Bailey’s Sound Systems. For More Information call 518-339-0636.
In Wilton at Gavin Park (4281 Route 50) they are having Haunted Hayrides on the 28th and 29th from 5 to 10pm. 5-6pm is for "little screamers"! There will be a bounce house and refreshments, and all proceeds go to benefit Adopt a Soldier and veterans. Cost for the hayride is $5, for more information call 587-8010, event is rain or shine!
And of course, don't forget Mamatoga's First Annual MOMSTER BASH AND BENEFIT! Here at Mamatoga Central we are hard at work getting the final preparations done and we can't wait to share in all the family fun with all of our Mamatogians and your families! We are so happy to be making this a local event with support from our local businesses and the proceeds going to local organizations, and we hope everyone can make it! In the meantime, check out our Halloween Round-up which we'll be adding to throughout the rest of the week leading up to Halloween! Here are some tips on costumes, safety, snacks, and just some fun silly Halloween stuff, so check it out and enjoy mamas, and we'll see you this weekend!
- Epic Halloween Costume Fails
- Homemade Hallowen or Hit the Store?
- Spooktacular Recipe for Halloween Cake Pops
- Awesome Halloween Homemade Craft
- Recipe: Worms and Eyeballs
- 9 Last Minute Halloween Costumes for Kids from The Stir
- 35 Halloween Party Recipes for Kids from Babble
- Kids Halloween Crafts from Martha Stewart (check out the pasta skeleton, so cute!)
- Halloween Safety Tips from the CDC
- 25 Amazing Carved Pumpkins from the Chicago Tribune
- Top 10 Worst Halloween Treats from listverse Do you agree or disagree? (I always hated those Mary Janes personally, what were they anyway?!)
- The Saratogian is having a Best Jack-o-Lantern contest and the deadline is Friday, Oct. 28th at 5pm, do you have superior pumpkin carving skills (unlike myself)? Submit your photo and win!
Check back as we add more links in the next few days working up to Halloween and we hope you are as excited as we are Mamas!