It's almost Friday Mamatogians and there is a TON of great stuff going on tomorrow, most importantly it is the Katrina Trask Consignment Sale! We can't wait to see what bargains they have to offer and we have a good tip that they have a lot of great stuff to offer! We have some fun stuff lined up for you tomorrow, our Freebie Friday Giveaway and some great new posts that we know you are going to love! If you didn't get a chance to check out our Style post today, check it out here and let us know about YOUR Epic Halloween Costume Fails! If I get enough people to share their own fails I might even post a picture of my Charlie Chaplin costume which I unearthed today in order to relive the memory fully. Over at Sittertoga we have been super busy and we already have a bunch of Mamas lined up with sitters for the weekend, but we have a long list of available sitters so if you still need someone let us know and we'll get to work for you! Plus tomorrow we're going to let you know about some of the AMAZING prizes you can win at our First Annual Mamatoga Momster Bash & Benefit! We have such a fantastic community and our local businesses have outdone themselves in donating awesome items for you guys to win in support of the Children's Museum at Saratoga and the Franklin Community Center. So check us out tomorrow mamas, and for now check out what's in store for the weekend!
- Katrina Trask is having their Consignment Sale from 3-8pm at the American Legion, 34 West Avenue! Today is the presale, so all of you presale pass winners get ready to shop! They have absolutely everything you need for children: furniture, toys, books, videos, baby gear, maternity and nursing clothes, and children’s clothes for infants to children’s size 10/12. The sale offers a tremendous selection of excellent-quality items. In addition to raising money to help run our cooperative nursery school, we reach out to families and charities in need within the community and supply them with free clothing and gear by donating unsold items following the sale.
- The Saratoga Library has Library Babies for children under 24 months with parent or caregiver from 10:30-noon.
- The Children’s Museum has Wiggle & Giggle from 10-11:30am. A time for children to explore the many different things that they can do with their bodies! We will crawl through tunnels, walk the balance beam, roll bolls, toss bean bags, and make music with all kinds of instruments.
Saturday, Oct. 15th
- Katrina Trask – Their Half-Price Consignment Sale runs from 9am-1pm at the American Legion, 34 West Avenue.
- Schuyler House, Saratoga Battlefield. Candlelight Tour from 6 – 9pm. Enjoy the warm soft glow of candlelight through a guided tour of General Philip Schuler’s 1777 country house. Light refreshments and music follows the tour.
- Library – Library Babies for children under 24 months with parent or caregiver from 10-11am. Saturday Family Story Time for children ages 2-5 from 11:30-noon.
- Children’s Museum - Story Art from 10:30-11am. Reading together is always better, so please join us for an exciting new story each week! We’ll use our imaginations and stories from around the world to inspire creative and unique art projects.
- Forno Bistro – Pasta ans Ravioli Cooking Class with Mamma Theresa at 11am. $45 per person. With a laugh that fills the room and countless stories about the old country Mamma is everyone’s Italian grandmother. Tie those apron strings, roll-up your sleeves and join her at Forno Bistro in Saratoga for a hands-on Pasta Ravioli Making Class.
- Tang Museum – Family Fun from 2-3:30pm. Free drop-in arts and crafts and self-guided scavenger hunt.
- J & K Trucking and Excavating Octoberfest 2011 at Gramps Garage, 51 Allen Rd., Porters Corner from 3pm til ??? Come join us for our 2nd annual Octoberfest!! It will be fun for the whole family, tons of food, music, bouncy bounce, bon fire, and so much more!!!
- Saratoga Springs Fire Department – Annual Open House at 1pm. 60 Lake Ave. Family and friends of all ages are invited for a day of entertainment, exploring and fun. See the bravest use the “Jaws of Life” on two cars, repel from the enormous ladder truck and get a personal tour of the firehouse, plus so much more!! Food and drinks provided.
Sunday, Oct. 16th
- Children’s Museum – Artrageous! from 2-3pm. Want to be the next Picasso? Together we will learn about famous artists and then make our own masterpieces! Each week we will explore a different art style and medium.
- Carousel Pavillion at Saratoga Race Course – Saratoga Horse & Tack Expo. 10-am – 6pm. Adults $5, Family $10. Children under 12 are free, Free parking. Tack Swap Meet, 70% off clearance items, commercial vendors, meet horse owners and fellow equestrians, meet Harvey the Horse, win $$$ in prizes and giveaways, silent auction items, Learn about the NY Horse Park and enjoy fun family activities throughout the day.