Here's our Daily for the weekend Mamatogians! The weather isn't looking too bad, the perfect weather for some fun fall activities! We're going to extend our Freebie Friday Giveaway until Sunday night, when we'll be doing our Book Club, so check out this link if you want to jump in this time. There's a lot of great stuff going on around town, and if you have some down time check out our great posts from this week, we had a lot of fun showcasing some local businesses and doing more in our Preschool Series so check it out during some downtime! And don't forget, our Momster Bash and Benefit is NEXT WEEK! We can't wait! Julie and I still can't decide what to dress up as, give us some suggestions mamas and have a fabulous weekend!
- Whip up some of these yummy goodies with our Halloween Cake Pops Recipe
- Read up on how to have a healthy weight and be fit before pregnancy in our Fit Tip Tuesday post
- Sign up for Mamatoga Favorite Weekly Tap
- Catch up on our ongoing in-depth Preschool Series with our post on Preschool Readiness and the Saratoga Independent School
- Check out neighbors from the Lower Level Saratoga Marketplace (Grand Opening this weekend!) The Body Lounge and Fiat Feminae, two perfect spots to make you feel amazing
- Read up on Nine Mile East Farms, a healthy solution for busy families
- Finally check out the services on offer at the Spa Laser and Vein Center with Mamatoga M.D.!
- Plus, don't forget we're going to be featuring our Board Certified Lactation Consultant here on Mamatoga, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions you would like to ask her!
Saturday, Oct. 22, 2011
- The Saratoga Farmers’ Market is on today from 9am-1pm at the High Rock Pavilions on High Rock Ave. The Saratoga 2011 Outdoor Market Season is into its fall fun time. The market is bigger than ever with over 50 LOCAL vendors. They have everything from meats to flowers, milk to veggies, pottery to soap, honey, ready-to eat food and yummy baked goods. All their products are locally grown/produced. Every market has live music, great hot/cold beverages and a sense of living strong. Don’t forget the market moves indoors to Division ST Elementary School for Saturday’s only from 9am-1pm starting Nov. 5.
- Wilton Wildlife Preserve – (Scout Road) Autumn in NY Walk, Parking lot #3 at 10am. Enjoy the fall foliage and the crisp autumn air. Learn why trees drop their leaves and how some species are adapted for the harsh winters. Click here for directions.
- Library – Library Babies for children under 24 months from 10-11am. Saturday Family Story Time for children ages 2-5 from 11:30-noon.
- Green Conscience Home & Garden – 33 Church Street. Book signing at 11am. Ruth Ann Smalley’s will be signing and reading her new children’s book “Sheila Says We’re Weird.” This new book tells the charming story of a young girl, Sheila, who lives next door to the narrator and his family. Sheila is both perplexed and delighted by their home-cooked food, their composting, their clothes hanging on a line to dry, and many other ‘weird’ aspects of their green family life. The book offers simple alternative practices while providing a vision of more healthy and hopeful lifestyle.
- Maple Ave. Middle School – 1st Annual “Back to School” Car Show from 9am – 2pm. The PTSO is hosting this family fun event to raise money in order to assist students in need. Pre-registration is $10, and $12 the day of. Everyone is welcome!! For more information, call Deanne Savage at 584-0511, or email MapleAveCarShow@yahoo.com.
- Gavin Park – Harvest Events from 5-9pm. Bounce House, games, cookies and other activities inside the gym. Hayrides for the little ones from 5-6pm, and afterward, enjoy the Haunted Hayrides! $5 hayrides with proceeds going to Adopt A Soldier.
- Children’s Museum – Story Art from 10:30-11am. Reading together is always better, so please join us for an exciting new story each week! We’ll use our imaginations and stories from around the world to inspire creative and unique art projects.
- Check out the Grand Opening of the Lower Level of the Saratoga Marketplace at 454 Broadway today from 11am-7:30pm and tomorrow from 11am-5pm. The Yoga Mandali Studio Store, Fiat Feminae, The Body Lounge, and McGillycuddy’s Naturals will all be offering 20% off, plus there will be a Scavenger Hunt with Prizes, a Grand Prize Giveaway and free food and refreshments!
Sunday, Oct. 23, 2011
- Wilton Wildlife Preserve – (Scout Road) Art Exploration! Nature Self-Portraits at 10am on the Camp Saratoga Trail. See yourself in nature and make a self-portrait nature collage. This is for children 4 and up. Click here for directions.