Today at Mamatoga we continued our original Preschool Series with some tips on how to deal with separation anxiety in preschoolers. We also did our Halloween Round-up including all of our fun Halloween links and info on what Halloween events are going on locally and more! I'm not sure how I feel about this alleged snow for tomorrow but hopefully all of you Mamatogians have a great Thursday!
- The Saratoga Library has Preschool Story Time for ages 42 months - 5 years from 10:15-10:45am.
- Toddler Story Time for ages 24-42 months is from 9:30-9:50am.
- Hola-La for ages 2½-5 years is from 4:30-5:15pm. Hola La's mascot, Pepa will be going on a journey to her "abuela's" house. Pepa will be adding to her Fall basket as she travels, incorporating counting and other games with an emphasis on practical language that can be reinforced at home.
- Also at the Saratoga Library, Cornell Cooperative Extension is offering free Save Energy, Save Dollars. Each attendee will receive FREE energy saving items valued at $15 including a CFL light bulb. The class will explore the many ways to reduce home energy bills through no-cost/low-cost energy actions. These Workshops, conducted by Cornell Cooperative Extension, are part the EmPower New York Program sponsored by the New York State Energy Research and Development Authority (NYSERDA). Attendees will increase their awareness of the actual energy cost of various components of their homes, identify measures they can take to reduce energy usage, become aware of energy programs and resources available, and develop a specific action plan to reduce energy usage in their home thereby saving dollars. Please register for the program by calling 885-8995.
- The Children's Museum has Silly Science from 10:30-11:30am. Each week we will explore the different ways science is all around us. We will learn about water, forces, seasons, animals, and much more!
- Bloom at 153 Regent Street has Hoop Dance from 5-6PM. FREE ADMISSION! Come experience a new way to feel great and get fit: hoop dance. This joyful workout builds strength, flexibility and confidence while you whirl away your stress. This sample class is offered for adults only, and easy to spin, adult-sized hula hoops will be provided.
- Fusion Salon - 512 Broadway. Paula Dorf Makeup Event from 9am-6:30pm. Complimentary with any purchase. Join us for a makeover provided by Paula Dorf's National Makeup Artist, Ivan! This is a two day event we are holding to pamper anyone who is interested!
- The Saratoga Partners are excited to announce that this year's House Crawl theme will be a tour of Bed & Breakfasts. Come experience a tour of some of the finest B & Bs in Saratoga and then enjoy great food, drinks and live music at the Union Gable, between 5-9pm. To register online, click the Events Calendar Quick Link at www.doublehranch.org or for more information on sponsorships please contact T.J. Roode at 518-696-5921 ext 269 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Don't forget this is the last week for voting for the next Saratoga Reads! selection. Vote online, at the library, or at the Wilton Barnes and Noble by Monday, October 31.