First we would like to feature a couple of great features being offered by local business in support of Breast Cancer Awareness month, check out these fantastic offers from some great local businesses:
- Clothesline of Saratoga is having their annual BRA SALE. A portion of the Proceeds will be donated to Saratoga Hospital. Stop in and show your support. Buy 1 Bra, receive 10% off, Buy 2 Bras, receive 20% off, Buy 3 Bras, receive 30% off!
- Spa Studio at Union Square in Glens Falls is offering COMPLEMENTARY Initial Evaluation/ Consultation and Acupuncture Treatment for all patients currently undergoing or who have recently completed treatment for any type of cancer. For more information, call 223-3717.
Now for our Daily for Tuesday! In case you didn't get a chance to check out our recipe for today, click here to get some simple tips on how to make super cute Halloween themed cake pops! We also featured one of our new Mamatoga favorites, WeeklyTap, a fantastic local business that is FREE to sign up for and gives you chances every week to win FREE local prizes!
- The Saratoga Library has their Preschool Story/Music Program for children ages 42 months - 5 years from 2-2:30pm. Toddler Story Time for children ages 24-42 months is 9:30-9:50am. Preschool Story and Art Program for children 42 months - 5 years runs from 10:15-10:45am. Origami with Dan Busha for children grades 3-5 is from 4:30-5:15pm. And Strengthening Families for parents and children ages 8-12 from will be from 5:30-7:45pm.
- Saratoga Hospital - HPV and Cancer, Know the Facts at 12pm in the Hospital Board Room. HPV is one of the most common sexually transmitted diseases, and can also be one of the most dangerous. Learn about prevention options, symptoms, and treatments, as well as how you can be your best defense against developing cervical cancer. Our gynecologist will also be available for questions pertaining to other popular women's health issues.
- I'm teaching an after school yoga class at One Yoga Saratoga today for 5-8 year olds from 4:30-5:30, drop ins are always welcome! On both Tuesdays and Thursdays there is also a corresponding adult class offered at the same time right next door at Hot Yoga Saratoga. Thursdays class is for 8-11 year old yogis! And stay tuned for more info on the upcoming Kids and Teen yoga series starting in November!
- The Children's Museum has their Tuesday for Tots orogram from 10-12pm and 1-3pm. This is a special time for our littlest visitors. Join us for play dough, crafts, games and friends!
- Come watch the leaves change color in Saratoga Spa State Park! Learn about why leaves change color and identify trees. The program will last about an hour and is appropriate for grades 3 and up. Fee is $3 per person or $5 per family. Please call (518) 584-2000 ext. 221 to register.
- At the Clifton Park-Halfmoon Public Library they are having a free wellness workshop entitled Rethinking Illness: A New Approach to Keeping Children Healthy from 7 to 8:30pm. Admission is free. Dr. John Ferguson has been invited to the Clifton Park Library by the Single Parents Group of the Capital District to deliver this informative workshop with a 30 minute Q&A to follow.
- Vapor Nightclub at Saratoga Casino & Raceway has the Signature Chefs Auction from 6-10pm. Give your taste buds a delightful surprise at the Signature Chefs Auction. Local talent will be making their signature dishes for you to try as you bid on items in the silent and live auction to help support a very worthy cause! Help raise important dollars for the March of Dimes and pay tribute to the culinary excellence of local chefs and caterers in the Capital Region. $50 per person.