We had a lot of great stuff on Mamatoga this week readers:
- Our Monday recipe was a yummy tummy warming stew you can make in the Crockpot
- We had a fantastic post on cloth diapering by Jenn from Earthy Crunchy Mama
- We put a call out to all GLUTEN FREE mamas for questions for gluten free guru Elizabeth Barbone, so send in those questions!
- We did our companion post to our Top Ten Apps for Kids, our Top Ten Apps for Moms
- We did a round up of awesome Thanksgiving craft links
- Our Fitness Contributor answered the question: Is it really possible to get in shape at home?
- We did our Top Ten Coolest Nightlights for Kids AND our Top Ten Favorite Wall Decals
- We gave you a list of things you should NEVER say to a pregnant woman
- Mamatoga Julie did a spotlight post on the Waldorf School of Saratoga
- We added new items to Mamatoga Marketplace
- Our first installment of our Buying Local Gift Guide gave you all the info you need on the great local Holiday Events and how to get your tickets so you don't miss out!
- Mamatoga Arts & Crafts showed you how to make your own snow globe
- Our style post gave you tips on how to look pulled together and polished FAST!
- We are giving away two tickets to go see a great musical at Universal Preservation Hall in our Freebie Friday Giveaway: Veterans Day Edition
- And FINALLY, we gave you our Top Ten Ways to Give to Charities Without Spending Money
WHEW! That was a lot of stuff! You have all weekend to enter our giveaway, so check it out and we have some fantastic stuff lined up for the weekend too, so if you're enjoying some down time over the weekend come check us out at Mamatoga, and have an incredible weekend Mamatogians!
Saturday, November 12th
- Saturday Workshop: International Yoga from 10:00 AM to 11:00 AM at Go! Where Children Discover the World, 89 Warren St. in Glens Falls Cost: $5 museum admission fee includes program. Come and turn your yoga mat or towel into a magic carpet as we explore folktales of Asia and Africa. Using yoga poses and movement we will have fun bringing characters from these tales to life.
- Children’s Museum – Story Art from 10-11:30am. Reading together is always better, so please join us Saturdays for an exciting new story each week! We’ll use our imaginations and stories from around the world to inspire creative and unique art projects.
- Saratoga Library – Library Babies for children 24 months and under from 10-11am. Saturday Family Story Time from 11:30-noon.
- Saratoga Strike Zone – Family Bowling Night from 4-6pm. Get ready for some family fun! Join the Friends of Stillwater Glen Hollow Park for some bowling and fundraising. Your donation of $15 per person will provide: 2 hrs of bowling, shoe rental, use of Ballocity. Concession sales will be donated to the cause. We will also have great raffles to be won! Things like…An American Girl Doll, Scentsy warmer with scents, Stella and Dot girls jewelry, Family Fun themed basket.
- Forno Bistro – Pasta & Ravioli Cooking Class with Mamma Theresa at 11am. $45 per person. With a laugh that fills the room and countless stories about the old country Mamma is everyone’s Italian grandmother.
- The Saratoga Winery & Tasting Room - Farm Relief Benefit at 7pm. The Saratoga Winery is located at 462 Route 29 WEST. Tickets are $20 in advance, $25 at door. Come support your local farmers with Wine & Cheese tasting! Proceeds to benefit farm recovery in the wake of Hurricaine’s Irene & Lee. Enjoy live music, hand crafted wine and locally made cheeses while you support a great cause.
- Saratoga City Center - Pride of New York Harvest Fest from 10am-5pm. For 16 years, the Pride of New York Harvest Festival has been the Capital Region’s premiere New York Wine and Food Festival. Not only will you be able to sip and sample the products of this year’s harvest from nearly 100 vendors, but you’ll also be able to purchase all the goodies you’ll need for the holidays. Tickets are $25 in advance, $30 at the door.
- Bloom, Red Confetti and OpenVoice Studios – 153 Regent Street from 1-4pm. Collaborative Open House. Meet and greet artists, dancers, vocalists and musicians. Free 25-minute classes and performances. Sing your favorite songs, enjoy free arts and crafts and demonstrations, giveaways to each of the studios and refreshments. RSVP to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Farm Relief Benefit at the Saratoga Winery 7:00 PM at The Saratoga Winery & Tasting Room, 462 Route 29 WEST, Saratoga. Cost: $20 in advance, $25 at door. Come support your local farmers with Wine & Cheese tasting! Proceeds to benefit farm recovery in the wake of Hurricaine’s Irene & Lee. Enjoy live music, hand crafted wine and locally made cheeses while you support a great cause.
Sunday, November 13th
- Saratoga Library - Holiday Reindeer Open House from 2-4pm. Sadly the reindeer that trek to library each year for the the annual “Reindeer Open House” will not be able to travel, as they are recovering from a “reindeer cold” and need their rest. The good news is, in celebration of our antlered friends, the we will continue to hold a Reindeer Celebration filled with fun activities for the whole family. Bruce Hiscock, author, artist, and guest of honor will be sharing his adventures of his caribou journey through Alaska. He will also be reading from his children’s book “The Big Caribou Herd,” and teaching attendees how to draw their own caribou drawings! Reindeer crafts and seasonal songs will also be organized to bring joy to this Sunday afternoon. Join us from 2–4 p.m. 11/13 as we celebrate our reindeer friends. H. Dutcher Community Room. Free and open to the public. http://www.brucehiscock.com/
- Saratoga City Center - Pride of New York Harvest Fest from 12pm-5pm. For 16 years, the Pride of New York Harvest Festival has been the Capital Region’s premiere New York Wine and Food Festival. Not only will you be able to sip and sample the products of this year’s harvest from nearly 100 vendors, but you’ll also be able to purchase all the goodies you’ll need for the holidays. Tickets are $25 in advance and $30 at the door.