Unfortunately our favorite cooking contributor is under the weather this week, so in lieu of a traditional recipe post we're going to do a link round up of some great websites where you can find TONS of fantastic dairy free recipes to try out this Thanksgiving! Gluten free mamas don't worry, we didn't forget about you, we're going to have gluten free guru Elizabeth Barbone right here at Mamatoga to answer your questions about living gluten free and offer up a few tasty Thanksgiving recipes so stay tuned!
- Dairy Free Cooking at About.com has a great database of dairy free recipes, from classic apple pie to pumpkin soup.
- Go Dairy Free has their "Big List" of dairy free Thanksgiving recipes, and they're not exaggerating! This huge compilation offers great recipes with categories including bread, the "main event", stuffing, vegetables, desserts AND sauces and extras!
- Web Wire has some Top Tips for a Dairy Free Thanksgiving and I could not agree with them more about Earth Balance butter. I've been eating it for years and it is the best! You can buy it in sticks to bake with or in a tub for a more spreadable butter for toast and my whole family now eats it and no one notices a difference! It's one of my top dairy free foods, and you can find it at all the local grocery stores!
- For some delicious gourmet dairy free goodies online check out Divvies, they have chocolate turkeys and cookies and cupcakes, plus they have some great gifts perfect for the holidays too!
- No Whey, Mama has some easy dairy free recipes at her blog with writings, recipes, and links about parenting a dairy-allergic child and her siblings.
- Living Without has some great tips on celebrating Thanksgiving dairy free, including tips whether you're the host or the guest at the holiday meal.
- eHow also has some helpful tips on how to have a dairy free Thanksgiving.
- My biggest tip for gluten and/or dairy free mamas is X's to O's Vegan Bakery in Troy! This little bakery offers cakes, cookies, pies, cupcakes, canoe boats (vegan "twinkies"- they even have a chocolate covered version!) and all kinds of gluten free and dairy free goodies. You can have stuff special ordered as well, and I've brought their vegan cakes to Thanksgiving dinners and everyone loved them! They are truly a little gem for anyone who is gluten or dairy free!