I hope everyone is having a wonderful day with family, friends and lots of food. We just returned from Northampton, where I was in charge of the kids' dessert. I made these last night and wanted to share them with you. I love the little wobbly-eyed guy in front! We had a great time with aunts, cousins and second cousins, and the weather was nice enough to play outside. I will quickly be settling in to my early evening tryptophan nap, but before I did, I wanted to check in with all the other Mamatogians and see how your holiday was going. I think after my nap, I may be ready for a midnight shopping spree. We'll see, but I am definitely getting out there tomorrow for some awesome deals! Check out our Buying Local Gift Guide: Black Friday and Small Business Saturday Edition for the best local deals tomorrow and Saturday! Friday, November 25th
- Children’s Museum – Wiggle and Giggle from 10-11:30am. A time for children to explore the many different things that they can do with their bodies! We will crawl through tunnels, walk the balance beam, roll balls, toss bean bags, and make music with all kinds of instruments.
Saturday, November 26th
- Saratoga City Center - the 36th Annual Saratoga Holiday Craft Fair from 10am to 4:30pm. There is a $2 donation to take a look at all the wonderful crafts this Fair has to offer!
- Children’s Museum - Story Art from 10:30-11am. Reading together is always better, so please join us Saturdays for an exciting new story each week! We’ll use our imaginations and stories from around the world to inspire creative and unique art projects. Book Author Reading and Signing at 11am. Join Dawn Desjardins as she reads her book Leopold’s Long Awaited Leap Year Birthday. Recommended for preschoolers to Grade 4.
- Moreau Lake State Park – Holiday Wreath Making from 10-1pm. Sick and tired of buying wreaths that aren’t exactly what you want and they just aren’t fresh enough? Come take a wreath making class and make a fresh wreath that you can decorate yourself. This is a skill that you can use year after year! Fee: $20/each
Sunday, November 27th
- Library – Far from the Shamrock Shore at 3pm. Acclaimed author, folklorist, and musician, Mick Moloney will share stories and songs illustrating the journey Irish immigrants faced and the social conditions they experienced as they made their way to the New World.
- Children’s Museum – Artrageous! from 2-3pm. Want to be the next Picasso? Together we will learn about famous artists and then make our own masterpieces! Each week we will explore a different art style and medium.