There is a LOT going on this weekend around town, as usual, so I'll keep this short and sweet. Today we had our Buying Local Gift Guide: Holiday Events Edition for all of the info you need on what's going on for little ones for the holidays and how to get tickets, plus a great holiday craft you can do with your kids! We also had a Style Top Ten for busy moms with some tips on how to look pretty and polished in no time flat! Stay tuned tomorrow for lots of fun stuff plus our Freebie Friday Giveaway! Have a great night mamas! Friday, November 11th
- Children’s Museum – Wiggle & Giggle from 10-11:30am. A time for children to explore the many different things that they can do with their bodies! We will crawl through tunnels, walk the balance beam, roll balls, toss bean bags, and make music with all kinds of instruments. City By Design is for kids ages 7-10 and you have to bring your own recyclable materials to build with, you have to pre-register and the cost is $1 per child plus admission. Lasting Impressions is another program from 3-4pm about fossils in NY State, cost is $1 plus admission, and it uses modeling clay to learn about different fossils. Pre-registration is required for this program as well, this program is for ages 8-12. Call them at 584-5540 to register for today's programs.
- Saratoga Library- Library Babies for children 24 months and under from 10:30-noon.
Saturday, November 12th
- Saturday Workshop: International Yoga from 10:00 AM to 11:00 AM at Go! Where Children Discover the World, 89 Warren St. in Glens Falls Cost: $5 museum admission fee includes program. Come and turn your yoga mat or towel into a magic carpet as we explore folktales of Asia and Africa. Using yoga poses and movement we will have fun bringing characters from these tales to life.
- Children’s Museum – Story Art from 10-11:30am. Reading together is always better, so please join us Saturdays for an exciting new story each week! We’ll use our imaginations and stories from around the world to inspire creative and unique art projects.
- Saratoga Library - Library Babies for children 24 months and under from 10-11am. Saturday Family Story Time from 11:30-noon.
- Saratoga Strike Zone – Family Bowling Night from 4-6pm. Get ready for some family fun! Join the Friends of Stillwater Glen Hollow Park for some bowling and fundraising. Your donation of $15 per person will provide: 2 hrs of bowling, shoe rental, use of Ballocity. Concession sales will be donated to the cause. We will also have great raffles to be won! Things like…An American Girl Doll, Scentsy warmer with scents, Stella and Dot girls jewelry, Family Fun themed basket.
- Forno Bistro – Pasta & Ravioli Cooking Class with Mamma Theresa at 11am. $45 per person. With a laugh that fills the room and countless stories about the old country Mamma is everyone’s Italian grandmother.
- The Saratoga Winery & Tasting Room - Farm Relief Benefit at 7pm. The Saratoga Winery is located at 462 Route 29 WEST. Tickets are $20 in advance, $25 at door. Come support your local farmers with Wine & Cheese tasting! Proceeds to benefit farm recovery in the wake of Hurricaine’s Irene & Lee. Enjoy live music, hand crafted wine and locally made cheeses while you support a great cause.
- Saratoga City Center - Pride of New York Harvest Fest from 10am-5pm. For 16 years, the Pride of New York Harvest Festival has been the Capital Region’s premiere New York Wine and Food Festival. Not only will you be able to sip and sample the products of this year’s harvest from nearly 100 vendors, but you’ll also be able to purchase all the goodies you’ll need for the holidays. Tickets are $25 in advance, $30 at the door.
- Bloom, Red Confetti and OpenVoice Studios – 153 Regent Street from 1-4pm. Collaborative Open House. Meet and greet artists, dancers, vocalists and musicians. Free 25-minute classes and performances. Sing your favorite songs, enjoy free arts and crafts and demonstrations, giveaways to each of the studios and refreshments. RSVP to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Farm Relief Benefit at the Saratoga Winery 7:00 PM at The Saratoga Winery & Tasting Room, 462 Route 29 WEST, Saratoga. Cost: $20 in advance, $25 at door. Come support your local farmers with Wine & Cheese tasting! Proceeds to benefit farm recovery in the wake of Hurricaine's Irene & Lee. Enjoy live music, hand crafted wine and locally made cheeses while you support a great cause.
Sunday, November 13th
- Saratoga Library - Holiday Reindeer Open House from 2-4pm. Sadly the reindeer that trek to library each year for the the annual “Reindeer Open House” will not be able to travel, as they are recovering from a “reindeer cold” and need their rest. The good news is, in celebration of our antlered friends, the we will continue to hold a Reindeer Celebration filled with fun activities for the whole family. Bruce Hiscock, author, artist, and guest of honor will be sharing his adventures of his caribou journey through Alaska. He will also be reading from his children’s book “The Big Caribou Herd,” and teaching attendees how to draw their own caribou drawings! Reindeer crafts and seasonal songs will also be organized to bring joy to this Sunday afternoon. Join us from 2–4 p.m. 11/13 as we celebrate our reindeer friends. H. Dutcher Community Room. Free and open to the public. http://www.brucehiscock.com/
- Saratoga City Center - Pride of New York Harvest Fest from 12pm-5pm. For 16 years, the Pride of New York Harvest Festival has been the Capital Region’s premiere New York Wine and Food Festival. Not only will you be able to sip and sample the products of this year’s harvest from nearly 100 vendors, but you’ll also be able to purchase all the goodies you’ll need for the holidays. Tickets are $25 in advance and $30 at the door.