There are a TON of events going on this weekend, so I'll keep this short and sweet! Today we had another spotlight school in our Preschool Series, the Saratoga Regional YMCA and we had a Style post on style after baby, check them out Mamas and then check out all of the events going on and start planning your weekend! We've got a fun giveaway tomorrow so check back then! Friday, November 4, 2011
- Children's Museum - Wiggle & Giggle from 10-11:30am. A time for children to explore the many different things that they can do with their bodies! We will crawl through tunnels, walk the balance beam, roll balls, toss bean bags, and make music with all kinds of instruments
- Saratoga Library - Library Babies for children under 24 months from 10:30-noon. Life is Short - Short Story Reading and Discussion at 10:30am.
- Spa Little Theater - A Midsummer Night's Dream at 8pm. 19 Roosevelt Drive. $20 tickets/$15 students.
- To Life!'s 7th Annual Pink Ball happens tonight at 6:30 PM at The Hall of Springs in Saratoga Springs. Cost: $150 per person / $275 per couple. To Life!'s 7th Annual Pink Ball will be an evening to honor breast cancer survivors and members of the community who make a difference. Cocktails & Hors d'Oeuvres at 6:30 and dinner at 7:30pm. There will be dinner entertainment and a live auction.
Saturday, November 5th
- Saratoga Library – Hug-A-Tree and Survive from 2-3pm. Through video and fun demonstrations, children will learn how to survive in the woods should they ever become lost. Suitable for ages 6-12 accompanied by a parent or caregiver. Children will make a survival pack that will include their very own safety whistle. Register by calling 584-7860, ext 3. Fall Baby Festival from 10-2pm. Sponsored by the Adirondack Council for Birthing Women. Have fun winning Door Prizes, and learning more about chiropractic care and how it fits in with your pregnancy and child’s health. Library Babies for 24 months and under from 10-11am. Saturday Family Story Time from 11:30-noon.
- Children’s Museum – Story Art from 10:30-11am. Reading together is always better, so please join us Saturdays for an exciting new story each week! We’ll use our imaginations and stories from around the world to inspire creative and unique art projects.
- Skidmore College, Arthur Zankel Music Center - Encore! Chris Brubeck’s Triple Play with Special Guest Frank Brown from 7-10pm. Experience good time rhythm and pure joy with Peter Madcat Ruth, Joel Brown, and Chris Brubeck. Admission to benefit SaratogaArtsFest. $25 ($15 with 2011 SaratogaArtsFest ARTSPASS or wallet card) $5 student rush (for remaining seats after 6:45 p.m.)
- Spa Little Theater – A Midsummer Night’s Dream at 8pm. 19 Roosevelt Drive. $20 tickets/$15 students.
- Malta Montessori – Open House from 10am to noon. 100 Saratoga Village Boulevard.
- Forno Bistro – Italian Sauces Cooking Class at 11am. With a laugh that fills the room and countless stories about the old country Mamma is everyone’s Italian grandmother. Tie those apron strings, roll-up your sleeves and join her at Forno Bistro. $45 per person.
- Gideon Putnam Resort & Spa – HOPE Silent Auction & Luncheon from 12-3pm. $38 per person. Join H.O.P.E. and the community at the historic Gideon Putnam Spa & Resort for a delicious lunch buffet, live music and Silent Auction filled with fantastic items & gift certificates to many local restaurants, spa’s and businesses.
- Malta Arts, Crafts & Gift Fair-From 9am until 4pm at the Malta Community Center, many talented and unique local crafters will be displaying and selling homemade decorations, foods, sweets, clothing, jewelry and more for the holiday season. Call 518-899-4411 for more information.
- Fall Baby Festival Sponsored by the Adirondack Council for Birthing Women, come and meet and get to experience services for new moms and families. Belly and Birth Art, Aroma Therapy for Pregnancy, Birth and Postpartum, Craniosacrial for Pregnancy, Birth and Babies, Baby Yoga, Yoga Nidra, Nutrition for Pregnancy and Postpartum, Continue to Carry Slings and more. Door prizes, free raffles and a "Goodie Bag" for each participant. For more information visit: http://crandalllibrary.org/ or call: (518) 307-9810. Free admission.
Sunday, November 6th
- Saratoga Library – Apples, Corn & Pumpkin Seeds: Stories and Songs for Autumn presented by The Storycrafters from 2-3pm. Internationally renowned and Parents Choice Award-winning storytelling duo, The Storycrafters, will present a lively, participatory program of world folktales and songs to celebrate the harvest, colors, sounds, and chills of autumn. H. Dutcher Community Room.
- Children’s Museum - Artrageous from 2-3pm. Want to be the next Picasso? Together we will learn about famous artists and then make our own masterpieces! Each week we will explore a different art style and medium.
- Spa Little Theater – A Midsummer Night’s Dream at 2pm. Saratoga’s Homemade Theater Company will be giving the play a different treatment, exploring it’s Celtic folklore and mythology. $20 tickets/$15 students.
- The National Museum of Dance – Only the Best Bridal Show from 1-4pm. Our third annual bridal show will feature only the best wedding professionals from the Capital Region that will assist you in making your wedding day the most memorable day ever. Admission to the bridal show is free.
- 16th Annual Autumn Leaves: The Chronicle's Book Fair from 11:00 AM to 4:00 PM at the Queensbury Hotel, downtown Glens Falls. More than 120 authors, booksellers and publishers are expected.There will be children's activities, panel talks, author readings, headlining events, demos, book displays and sales, and much more! Free admission.