Although my fashion options are becoming more and more limited as this pregnancy continues, that doesn't mean I love it any less. I still love browsing fashion and style sites for inspiration for myself, my home and my kids and these are some of my favorite sites that never disappoint when it comes to fresh, creative style and fashion.
1.The Sartorialist is the brainchild of Scott Schuman, who created the popular fashion blog after leaving his position as director of men's fashion at his showroom to take care of his daughter in September 2005. He began carrying a digital camera around and photographing people he saw on the street whose style he found striking, and the result is a website full of beautifully photographed real people on the street wearing fantastic fashion which can be a daily fashion inspiration.
2. Coincidentally, or perhaps not so coincidentally since birds of a feather tend to flock together and all that, The Sartorialist's girlfriend also has her own style and fashion blog under her name, Garance Dore. The French illustrator-turned-photographer has accumulated a cult of devoted readers who love her honest, yet hysterical, anecdotes and can't get enough of her fashionable photographs and her chic illustrations.
3. Who What Wear Daily is a fun and flashy site that has something for everyone looking for a little fashion inspiration. From fashion, beauty, celebrities, ask a stylist, videos, shopping and a blog it has tons of great things to browse. Their "Trend Report" and "How They Wear" features give you great visuals and exciting ways to try out new trends.
4. Fashionista's "about" section describes the site the best possible way: "an online explosion of personalities, companies, events and trends that shape the fashion universe. We chronicle the fashion trail from the runway to the first Canal Street knockoffs, while dishing the latest in supermodel gossip and finding the hottest new designers." If there is something I want to find out about a new trend or a new designer or anything in the fashion world this is the site I turn to and I always find what I'm looking for.
5. Polyvore is a lot like playing paper dolls with pictures of real clothes. After dragging and dropping enough images to create an ensemble, a user can even paste in a background pattern and then garnish the set with a lipstick or a bottle of perfume. A set can also be given a soundtrack for a final finishing touch, it is definitely one of the most fashionable ways to kill time online.
6.The Budget Fashionista is great after perusing these other sites and realizing that you can't break the bank on all the trends you might want to try. This site makes it easier for every woman to get those great fashion looks she’s been lusting after. Every page is loaded with tons of tips and useful links and great deals on new stuff, a great resource for saving money without skimping on style.
7. Stylelist is a sleek and sophisticated style and fashion website that is full of information and great photos and stories. From their Look of the Day to their videos and culture section you're going to find something new that you won't find anywhere else. One of my favorite parts of Styelist is their Stylist Home site with design, DIY, inspiration, know how and celebrity living sections to give you ideas on how to make your home as stylish as you are.
8. I have loved The Selby for as long as it has been around. Created by photographer Todd Selby the site portrays the homes of prominent indie musicians, artists, designers, and actors and captures interesting people in their creative spaces. Getting the emails of a new profile on his site always makes me happy, and I've gotten ideas for every room in my house from the beautiful spaces he has featured.
9. The Glow describes itself as "a glimpse into the world of inspiring and fashionable moms. Here you’ll find their styling ideas, go-to gear, multitasking secrets, and enviable decor." Through beautiful photographs you get to peek into the gorgeous homes and spaces inhabited by these fashion moms and their adorable little ones, plus you get to check out all of their favorite places and ideas for kid fashion and gear. A must bookmark site for the fashionable mom.
10. Now here's a site for the little ones in your life. MiniHipster documents contemporary kids fashion on the streets around the world to give inspiration in dressing your own little hipsters. Based out of Melbourne, New York, London and Barcelona, they are constantly traveling around the globe with cameras ready to take great photos of little fashionistas. It's a fun site to browse to see what kids around the world are wearing and is perfect for any mom who ever wondered "Do they make that in kid's size?".