The weather is calling for snow tonight Mamatogians! According to the Saratogian we might get around six inches once this rain turns to snow overnight, we shall see in the morning! Today we had another new poll for our Mamatoga Moms and Kids Choice Awards 2011, the Japanese Restaurant Edition! Go vote now on this and ALL of our polls here! The Ice Cream Parlor one seems to be the hottest poll so far, people can't get enough of it! We also gave you the first installment in our new traveling with kids series Have Kids, Will Travel about taking a day trip down to NYC so check it out if you want to see the big city during this holiday season! I shared another new design obsession of mine with my Top Ten Ways to use Washi Tape, it's a fun and easy way to add big style to your holiday wrapping, decorations and home decor and the possibilities are endless mamas! I hope everyone stays warm, and if we do get a lot of snow, don't forget about our Mamatoga Guide to Snow, we've got a poll there too where you can vote on the best sledding hill in our area!
- As a reminder, Santa’s Cottage Hours (outside Putnam Market on Broadway in Saratoga) are Fridays: 4-7pm, Saturdays and Sundays: 1-3pm. The last day Santa will be there is Friday, December 23rd and those hours are also 4-7pm.
Thursday, December 8th
- The Brown Bag Lunch Series: Married to the Mob is from 12-1pm at the Saratoga Library. Gingerbread House Workshop at 4:30pm or 6:30pm. Must pre-register for this event. Anime Club for Teens from 7-8:30pm.
- The Children's Museum has Silly Science: Weather at 10:30am.
Friday, December 9th
- Wiggle and Giggle is at the Children's Museum from 10-11:30 and 2:30-4pm.
- Impressions of Saratoga has a book reading and signing by author Marion Altieri. Join them at 7pm and hear, "Clyde the Clumsy Clydesdale," the first in a series of books that teach children's life lessons, and enjoy cookies, candy canes and hot cocoa!
- Spa Little Theater has The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe at 7:30pm. This magical and mysterious tale follows the adventures of four children who emerge out of a magical wardrobe into the exciting, never-to-be-forgotten land of Narnia, a world of mythical creatures. On their journey the children meet Tumnus, a friendly faun, Aslan, the great and powerful lion, and the evil White Witch. This story of love, faith, courage and generosity, with its triumph of good over evil, is a true celebration of life. Tickets are $18 for adults and $12 for children.
- Come join Quick Response Restoration for their spectacular light display at 2077 Route 9 in Round Lake. Visit with Santa and his reindeer. Listen to the sleigh bells ringing as you take a horse and wagon ride. Or view the lights aboard one of their "Quick Express" trains. Of course Santa and his reindeer will be there as well. The entire event is free including the refreshments. This event is fun for the whole family, don't miss out!
Saturday, December 10th
- Breakfast with Santa at the Wilton Fire House. Join Santa for pancakes, sausage, eggs and juice, get a FREE photo too! From 8-10pm on Saturday, Dec. 11th at the Wilton Fire House at 270 Ballard Road. Donations appreciated.
- The Saratoga Library has their Gingerbread House Workshop at 9am, 10:30am or noon. You must pre-register for this event.
- Winter Holiday Craft at Camp Saratoga is at the Wilton Wildlife Preserve at 10am. Create beautiful picture frames from the items in nature found on your stroll through Wilton Wildlife Preserve!
- Story Art is from 10:30-11am at the Children's Museum.
- Make Your own Snow Globes at the Saratoga Spa State Park from 10-11:30. $5 per person. Learn how to create a winter wonderland from a glass jar. Call 584-2000 to register.
- Spa Little Theater - The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe at 1pm. This magical and mysterious tale follows the adventures of four children who emerge out of a magical wardrobe into the exciting, never-to-be-forgotten land of Narnia, a world of mythical creatures. On their journey the children meet Tumnus, a friendly faun, Aslan, the great and powerful lion, and the evil White Witch. This story of love, faith, courage and generosity, with its triumph of good over evil, is a true celebration of life. Tickets are $18 for adults and $12 for children.
- The Saratoga Film Forum will be donating the proceeds of Saturday night's December 10th screening of ELF to Franklin Community Center! The Family Flicks series is an affordable and fun way for families to share films together, and this program is entirely presented by kids -- they sell the tickets, make the popcorn, run the film booth, and clean it all up afterwards! Showing at 7:30pm.
Sunday, December 11th
- Artrageous! is at the Children's Museum from 2-3pm.
- At the Saratoga Spa State Park check out their Tree Identification Hike from 11-12:30pm. Hike along the Hemlock trail and identify the native trees. Learn how to find out a tree's age by counting the rings. The hike is approximately 1 mile long. Bring tree identification books if you have them available. Registration is required and all ages are welcome. Fee is $3 per person or $5 per family. Please call 518-584-2000 ext. 221 to register.
- At the Saratoga Automobile Museum Santa Arrives with Mrs. Clause and an Elf between 1-4pm.
- Spa Little Theater - The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe at 1pm, tickets are $18 for adults and $12 for children.