As the kids count down the days anxiously awaiting the beloved, glorious school break, parents are filling with anxiety over what to do with the kids while school is out to keep them active and entertained. Here at Mamatoga we are putting together a list of everything going on during the break so you can find some great activities for your kids! Keep checking back for more updates as we will be adding new items regularly!
- First, check out our Mamatoga Guide to Snow (just in case the flakes do start to fall) for all the information you need from where to snowshoe, cross country ski and ice skate to the best sledding hills in our area!
- Here is our guide to indoor activities on what to do with the kids locally.
- Kids Yoga at One Yoga Saratoga on Tuesday, December 27th from 4:30-5:30pm for ages 4-9. There will be a corresponding hot "hour of power" class at the Hot Yoga Saratoga studio next door for parents. Drop ins are always more than welcome, cost is $12.
- Tiny Tots Tea Room has the following holiday schedule: Christmas Eve Sat. they are open 930am-1pm, closed Sunday. Monday and Tuesday they are open from 9am-4pm, Wednesday & Thursday they are open from 9am-7pm, Friday they are open from 9am-3pm. There is a New Year's Eve Party Friday from 5pm-8:30pm ($10 per child includes dinner, drink, dessert, crafts and face painting), New Year's Day Saturday they are open from 9am-1:30pm. Prince/Princess Camp Monday through Friday is $35 per day 9 am to noon ages 2 -12. Also there are lots of chances still to win a 6 play pass until NYE when we draw the annual membership winner! Open play cost is $7 with siblings half price.
- Saratoga Arts offers full-week programs in both theater and visual arts for children ages 5-14 where campers will learn about famous art and artists while creating their own masterpieces inspired by them and will learn all of the basics of theater, including character development and set design and will conclude their program with a performance in their Dee Sarno Theater. ***FYI Saratoga Arts has just a few openings left for their December Diversions (ages 5-7) program running from 9:30am - 12:30pm, December 26 - 30th! They will be working on landscape paintings (on canvas!) and learning about the art and culture of a different country each day. Plus they will be hanging campers' paintings at Empire State College for a special First Night Saratoga exhibition and as a thank you to their artists, all of the campers will get a free First Night button!
- The World Awareness Children's Museum at 89 Warren Street in downtown Glens Falls will be open during winter break as follows: Monday-Friday, Dec. 26-30, 10am-4pm. Cost: $5 museum admission fee. Bring the kids to have fun at this unique, hands-on museum featuring art, artifacts and activities from around the globe. For more information call 518-793-2773.
- At the Saratoga Library, they will be closed on Saturday 12/24 and Sunday 12/25 for the Christmas holiday and will be open as usual on Monday, 12/26. On Thursday the 29th they will have The Puppet People Present: A Christmas Carol, a Charles Dickens' holiday classic, this show features beautiful handcrafted marionettes, shadow puppets, gorgeous masks, lavish costumes, vivid sets, a professional soundtrack that includes many holiday favorites, and a giant 9-foot parade puppet! For ages 5 and older. Free tickets available in the Children’s Room. Three shows that day, 11am-12pm, 1-2pm and 3-4pm.