Today on Mamatoga I shared my nesting nuttiness with you readers in the latest Preggotoga post and gave you my Top Ten Perfect Pinterest Printables! I also gave you the complete Preschool info designed to arm you with all you need to tackle the task of picking the perfect preschool. The Preschool Fair is this weekend, and the best way to approach it is to Know Before You Go! Packed full of articles, reviews of local schools and all the information on registrations and Open Houses it is all you need! Now for the Daily, there is a LOT of stuff going on this weekend so check it out, make plans, and don't forget you can shoot me an email if you need a sitter!
Friday, Jan. 20th
- From 10-11:30am head to the Children's Museum for Wiggle and Giggle. A time for children to explore the many different things that they can do with their bodies! We will crawl through tunnels, walk the balance beam, roll balls, toss bean bags, and make music with all kinds of instruments. Drop in anytime between 10:00am and 11:30am to meet new friends and get some exercise!
- The Beagle School is having an Open House for the 3 and 4 year old program is at 115 Regent Street today from 10:30-12:30.
- Don't forget it Take Your Daughter to Gore Week running until Sun, Jan 22! This week, daughters 19 and under ski, ride, and tube free with full paying parent all week!
Saturday, Jan. 21st
- The Waldorf School of Saratoga is having an All School Open House on Saturday, January 21, 2012 10a.m. – 2:00 p.m. Tour the Saratoga Springs Campus. Meet faculty, staff & parents. View displays of academic and artistic work.
- The Saratoga Public Library is having their Preschool Fair on Saturday, January 21 from 10:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. in the H. Dutcher Community Room. The preschool fair will include more than a dozen area preschools. Information about the schools and programs will be available as well as school representatives to answer questions. Sponsored by: The Waldorf School, Katrina Trask Nursery School, The Beagle School, and Saratoga Springs Public Library. To read more about the fair and our local preschools check out Mamatoga's Know Before You Go!
From 10 to 11:30am check out the Chinese Calligraphy and Zodiac Signs Program at go! where children discover the world, 89 Warren St. in Glens Falls. Kids will use bamboo brushes and black ink to learn Chinese Calligraphy and Zodiac signs, which are based on animals. Led by artist Kimberly Leahey. Call 518-793-2773 for details and registration. Cost is $5 museum admission fee plus $5 program fee.
- Today at 11am Forno Bistro in Saratoga Springs is offering their Passport to a Country of Flavors, a Three-Class Cultural and Culinary Odyssey. An educational series focusing on the Food, Wine, Culture & History of the regions of Northern, Central & Southern Italy. Cost is $50.
- Head up to The Hyde Collection for their Saturday Morning Workshop: Winter Wonderland at 10:30am. Kids will create a landscape painting in the Art Studio. Admission is free.
Sunday, Jan. 22nd
- If you love to dance or just want to try something new and fun, check out Salsa Sunday at the National Museum of Dance this Sunday, Jan. 22nd from 2-5pm. Come Salsa the afternoon away! This fun event co-sponsored with Tango Fusion Dance Company will feature Salsa classes for adults and children, general dancing, and a performance by Tango Fusion Company. Cost is $15 per person, $25 per couple, and $30 for families (2 adults with children under 15).