Even though my own postings on Mamatoga will be somewhat limited this week as I get settled in with new baby Jack, I have a LOT of great stuff for you guys from some fabulous guest bloggers that you won't want to miss. Plus I have the review of my stay at Saratoga Hospital to bring to you and some other fun stuff as well. I hope you all had a great weekend, mine was incredible, we are still deep in the dreamy new baby fog and so much in love with our new addition. I want to say a special thanks to each and every one of you for your congratulations and kind words, it has been yet another reminder of how amazing this little community is and it really touched me to read all of your comments and made our day all the more meaningful.
Now, here are the events and activities for Monday, I hope you have a great night everyone! Don't forget to check out the Top 5 Events on Saratoga.com, and the Capital Region Kid Connection this week is your How To on doing Chowderfest with the Kids!
- At the Saratoga Springs Public Library from 9:15 - 10:30am is their Parent/Child Workshop (also from 10:45am - 12pm). Children ages 12-36 months and their parent or caregiver will participate in interactive hands-on learning and play stations. A children’s librarian will lead a circle time with songs and movement activities. Mondays, beginning Jan. 23 and ending May 7.
- From 9:30 - 9:50am is Toddler Story Time. For children ages 24-42 months with a parent or caregiver. Begins the week of January 17 and ends the week of May 7. This interactive program is designed to foster a love of stories, as well as encourage the development of pre-literacy skills through stories, rhymes and songs.
- From 10:15 - 10:45am is Preschool Story/Music Program. Children ages 42 months to 5 years will have fun with age appropriate musical instruments and enjoy interactive storytelling led by a children’s librarian. Begins Jan. 23 and ends May 7.
- 4:30 - 5:15pm is Storytime Science. A story and hands-on science activity each week with Library Staff. For children in grades K-2. Series meets Jan. 23 and 30, Feb. 6 and 13. Registration is required for all of these programs.
- Looking for a challenge? Join them at Moreau Lake State Park on a snowshoe up the Cottage Park trail today from 10am-2pm. The trail starts off with some wonderful historical foundations and the Park Naturalist will be happy to share some historical stories of the area. Registration is required, call (518) 793-0511 for more information.