There are a LOT of events lined up for tomorrow readers, so I'll keep this little part short and sweet. Today at Mamatoga I gave you my Top Ten Tips for Cycle Chic, I've got pistachio colored bicycles on the brain readers, I don't know why, but check the post out for some great think ahead for spring ideas! Jeannine was back with the Fit Tip for this week and watch out mamas cause she's upping the ante this week! Just a couple quick reminders, voting for the Mamatoga Moms and Kids Choice Awards 2011 is STILL OPEN and the winners will be announced in the FIRST ISSUE of MAMATOGA MAGAZINE coming to you March 30th, so if you haven't voted in all of the polls click here to vote now! Also, for more of the Top Tens, click here, the list just keeps growing and growing! Also, this is my LAST CALL for local bloggers, have a local blog that you want to feature here? Email me at mamatogajenny@gmail asap and you can be included! Have a great night and a fantastic Wednesday readers!
- Alphabet Soup is at the Children’s Museum at Saratoga from 10:30-11am. Starting with the letter A, each week we will learn a new letter of the alphabet through crafts, games, stories, songs and more. This multidimensional language experience is a fun way to reinforce early literacy in preschoolers!
- At the Saratoga Regional YMCA Preschool registration for current students and siblings of alumni will be held today. Sign-in begins at 7:00 am, with registration beginning at 8:00 am. If the Saratoga Springs City School District has a snow day that day, registration will be held on the following day at the Saratoga Springs Branch. For more information, please contact Colleen Girvin at 583-9622, ext. 114, or email@example.com.
- Community Cinema: Daisy Bates: First Lady of Little Rock will be at the Saratoga Springs Public Library at 7pm. Community Cinema is a groundbreaking public education and civic engagement initiative featuring free monthly screenings of films from the Emmy Award-winning series Independent Lens. Community Cinema is on location in more than 90 cities nationally, bringing together leading organizations, community members and public television stations to learn, discuss, and get involved in key social issues of our time. Saratoga Springs Public Library will be showing free screenings to the public on the second Wednesday of each month at 7:00 p.m. in the H. Dutcher Community Room.
- Also at the Saratoga Springs Library check out Anime Night. On the second Thursday of every month (and occasional other Thursdays), hang out after the Teen Room closes for some of the best Japanese anime! Open to grades 6-12.
- Check out Artful Afternoons at the Hyde Collection in Glens Falls. This week is Functional Art in Hyde House, Sculpting Clay Pens. Drop-in 1:30-4:30PM Wednesdays during the school year for children ages 6-12 with adult chaperone. Each week children are invited to learn about a specific artist, work of art, or style from the Museum’s permanent collection. Children will explore a variety of artistic mediums as they create their own Hyde-inspired masterpiece. Keep in mind that this program follows the Glens Falls School District schedule for vacation and snow days. When you arrive, check in at the Admission Desk to receive a guide. Follow the guide as a family/group, and then join us in the Art Studio where you will create your own art!