I know, it can't be time to start thinking about summer camps, there is still snow (slush?) on the ground! But now is a good time to start looking at your options for summer programs in the Saratoga Springs area, and I'm going to give you all the info you need to get ready for summer!
Saratoga Independent School has a summer program for kids aged 3-8. Children continue to imagine, create and explore during our beautiful summers at Saratoga Independent School. Children can select from seven different themed weeks of morning fun; while older kids ages 7-14 can explore technology, science or the arts. The themes and subjects change from year to year, but the exciting summer experience remains the same. Camp runs from 9:00 - noon and the cost is $130 per week (8:30 early drop off and 12:30 late pickup available).
- For the younger kids, activities in the weekly sessions are arranged around a central theme. Throughout the morning, children will engage in indoor and outdoor hands-on experiences related to the theme, including art, crafts, science, physical recreation and more. Enrollment is for one or more five-day (full) weeks only. One-half of tuition is due at registration.
- Older children can explore technology, art, magic, forensics, dance and more in these week long enrichment programs. Register for as many weeks as you'd like. One-half tuition is due at registration.
- Themes range from cooking, cartooning, knitting, science to improvisation, magic, dance and robots and so much more!
Skidmore's Camp Northwoods offers an exciting program of sports, cultural arts, nature study and relaxed play for children which draws on the rich and varied resources of Skidmore College and the surrounding area. The camp's home base is Flastaff's Pavillion on the Skidmore College campus, but campers frequent the Williamson Sports Center, Schick Art Gallery, Tang Teaching Museum and Art Gallery, and Zankel Music Center. The daily enrichment activities led by the qualified staff are supplemented by weekly field trips to recreational and historical sites, and visits by special guests. Children entering grades 1-6*will also enjoy activities that include arts and crafts, ceramics, games, hiking, and daily swim time. Our goal is to provide a variety of fun activities that happily challenge the imagination, intellect, and body. We hope you will join us this summer. *Campers must be 6 years old as of June 25, 2012. Registration begins: February 17th for Skidmore College Employees. March 2nd for Returning Campers. March 9th for New Campers. Watch their site for the online application to become available on March 9.
The dates for 2012 will be as follows:
- Session I: June 25 - July 6, 2012
- Session II: July 9 - July 20, 2012
- Session III: July 23 - August 3, 2012
- Session IV: August 6 - August 10, 2012
The Beagle School summer programs run for ten consecutive weeks beginning the end of June. Class is held in the morning from 9:00 a.m. to noon, Monday through Friday. Parents may register their children for two, three or five mornings per week in any combination of weeks. Children may range in age from 2-1/2 to 5 years of age. The summer program focuses on socialization and having fun, with much of the program held outside in the schoolyard.This mixed age group is involved in walks to the park and library, crafts, painting, stories and dance. Each week is planned around a different theme. Applications are available in the spring.
The Saratoga Golf and Polo Club offers a summer camp through Kids Entertainment that offers an exciting summer camp experience for children in a beautiful setting. With the combination of outstanding facilities, an experienced director, and an energetic team of counselors, it is is the place to be! The program is for campers ages 4 to 10.
- Camp runs from June 25th – August 3rd, Monday through Friday. The structured camp day begins at 9:00AM and ends at 4:00PM. Complimentary Before-Care begins at 8:30AM and complimentary After-Care ends at 5:30PM.
- Weekly Rate: Members – $225, Member Guests – $265. There is a one-time non-refundable registration fee of $30 which includes two camp t-shirts. Currently, registration is only open to members of the Saratoga Golf & Polo Club. On February 1, 2012, any available spaces will become open to Member Guests. Please note that if you are not a member of Saratoga Golf & Polo Club, you must be officially sponsored by a member of the club in order to enroll your child in camp.
The Saratoga Regional YMCA offers summer camps for kids having completed Kindergarten through entering 5th grade and campers entering fifth grade through tenth grade.
- The Travel Camp program provides campers entering fifth grade through tenth grade an opportunity to travel everyday to fun-filled locations. Campers have a chance to explore different summer activities: amusement and water parks, outdoor sports, fairs, and horseback riding. Travel Camp conducts 9 one-week sessions. Join us for one week or for all; this is your choice.
- Located at the Saratoga Springs Branch, most day trips depart at 9:00 am and return by 4:30 pm. Campers will be grouped according to age and supervised by experienced adult staff. A 1:10 ratio ensures a safe, fun, and quality camping experience. This program is popular, so register early. For more information, contact Patti Laudicina, Travel Camp Director, at 583-9622, ext. 110 or Paige Minear, Registrar/Recreation Director at ext. 116. This camp is at the Saratoga Springs branch and runs from June 25-August 24 for 9 1-week sessions, Monday - Friday, 9:00 am to 4:30 pm. Extended hours are available at no additional cost.
- Cost is $225 to $260/week based on trip destinations and program members will be charged an additional $100/week. Registration is accepted on a first-come, first-serve basis. You can register in person at the Saratoga Springs Branch beginning Tuesday, February 7, 2012 at 9:00 am.
For the younger kids, Camp Starhitch is held at the Saratoga Springs Branch and runs for 9 one-week sessions. Campers will participate in games, sports, crafts, nature activities, trips, swimming and more! You may choose to attend day camp for one week or any combination of weeks.
- Experienced counselors will supervise children and a ratio of 1:10 ensures a safe, quality camping experience. CPR and First Aid certified camp staff accompany all trips. Campers must bring a nourishing nut-free lunch and drink each day in an insulated bag with an ice pack. Each camper should also bring a swimsuit, towel and knapsack. All items should be labeled. For more information, contact Taraya Ricci, Starhitch Director, at ext. 148 or Paige Minear, Registrar/Recreation Director, at 518-583-9622, ext. 116.
Dates are June 25-August 24 for 9 1-week sessions, Monday - Friday
- Option A: 9:00 am to 4:00 pm. Members: $173/week. Program members: $273/week
- Option B: 7:00 am to 6:00 pm. Members: $200/week. Program members: $300/week
- Registration is accepted on a first-come, first-serve basis. You can register in person at the YMCA Saratoga Springs Branch beginning Tuesday, February 7, 2012 at 9:00 am.
The Hyde Collection is offering Children's Vacation Art Studio Classes. Session I is July 12 & 13 and Session II is July 14 & 15 from 12:00pm - 2:30pm. Going Green! is for students in grades 2-6. These sessions with focus on reusing resources to create art. Students will make portfolios from old maps, sketchbooks from found papers, abstract sculptures from scrap wood, and experience printmaking by creating their own collographs with reclaimed cardboard! Cost is $20 per child of Hyde members, $30 per child all others. Click here for a registration form and more information.
The Town of Malta has a FULL day Summer Camp that is held at the Malta Community Center. This NYS Health Department licensed program is well supervised with professional counseling staff. This program is open to children entering Kindergarten through Fifth grades in the fall of 2012. Participants will enjoy summer days packed with fun activities such as sports, crafts, games, movies, library time, nature and character building activities. In addition, campers will participate in swimming one time a week, one field trip per week and trips to local parks at no additional cost! For children who will be entering kindergarten in the fall of 2012 through entering 5th grade.
- Camp Malta is an 8-week program that runs July 2th - August 24. (*No camp on 7/4/2012.) from 9:00 am - 4:00 pm. (AM & PM care is available at an additional fee.)
- AM care 8:00 am - 9:00am
- PM care 4:00 pm - 5:00 pm
- Location: Malta Community Center
- Cost: Malta-Residents $130 per week, Non-Residents $142 per week
- AM Care $20 per week
- PM Care $20 per week
- (There is a 4 week minimum. One week of registration fee is non-refundable. All fees are non-refundable after June 8, 2012.)
Registration begins on February 13th and ends on June 8th. There will be no late sign-ups available and fees are non-refundable after June 8th. (One week fees are non-refundable at any time.) Registration packets will be available at the Malta Community Center and on the Town’s website at www.malta-town.org. You must register in person. In order to register you must provide a current immunization record from your child’s doctor, proof of residency and proof of legal guardianship, when applicable. Space is limited to a maximum of 55 participants, so register early!
The Children's Museum of Science and Technology is offering Weekly Summer Science Camps from June 25 through August 31, 2012. Registration Opens for CMOST Members on Wednesday, February 1st and the General Public on Monday, March 5th.
- Junior Discoverers - for kids ages 5 - 7 CMOST’s Junior Discoverers camps are co-ed camps for children between the ages of 5 and 7. Activities include science experiments, craft activities and educational games. Please click here for a complete list of Junior Discoverer camps!
- Senior Explorers - for kids ages 8 - 10 CMOST’s Senior Explorers camps are co-ed camps for children between the ages of 8 and 10. Activities in these camps include science experiments, studies, observations, group projects and much more. Please click here for a complete of list Senior Explorer camps!
- Tween Scientists - for kids ages 11 - 14 CMOST’s Tween Scientist program is a co-ed camp for children between the ages of 11 and 14. The Tween Scientist camp provides young adults with hands-on scientific experiences in many fields that will excite and inspire them. Please click here for a complete of list Tween Scientist camps!
- GIST – Girls In Science and Technology - for Girls ages 5 - 14 The Girls In Science and Technology programs are for ladies only and are offered in all age levels of camp at CMOST. These camps are designed to engage young women in hands-on scientific exploration in a nurturing environment. Curriculum for the GIST programs is developed and taught by women educators and visiting scientists. Please click here for a complete of list GIST – Girls in Science and Technology camps!
Click here for Summer Camp registration form. Contact CMOST at 518-235-2120.
Saratoga Children's Theater is producing two full-length musicals for our their new TEEN TROUPE summer camp. 13 the musical and The Music Man. For Juniors they will have High School Musical Jr. and Willie Wonka Jr. For Kids there will be Jungle Book Kids, Willie Wonka Kids and Winnie the Pooh Kids! Get all the info on their camps here.
At Tiny Tots Early Learning Center Summer camp for pre-school age children (4-5 yrs) will be offered during nine weeks this summer, school age children (5-7 years post kindergarten) will be offered for 9 weeks four days a week. In addition they will be offering 6 weeks of preschool (3-5 years) afternoon camp (4 days a week) and 6 weeks of Tot Camp for 2-3 year olds (3 days a week). Click here for descriptions and more details.
Have a horse lover in the family? North Country Horses is offering Summer Horsemanship Camp! Camp Dates are: Session 1: July 16th-20th Session 2: July 23rd-July 27th Session 3: July 30th-August 3rd Session 4: August 6th-August 10th Session 5: August 20th-August 24th Camp price is $250.00 per session SAVE $25 per session when you sing up by March 31st with a $50 deposit or when you sign up for 2 or more sessions.
At North Country Horses days are filled with horse activities geared toward developing riders into accomplished horse people. Riders learn how to handle and care for horses safely and properly. They work with the students to provide them with an educational, fun-filled horse experience they will never forget. Each camper will be assigned a horse of their own to care for and ride during their time at camp. Everyday campers will ride for at least 1 hour. This time is split up between individual lessons, games, & trail rides. More experienced riders will have the opportunity to improve and advance their riding skills. Our creative summer equestrian riding camp program provides extensive riding and lesson time for children of all ages. For more information contact them at NorthCountryHorse@yahoo.com.
The Saratoga Rowing Association has summer camps too! What a fantastic way to get the kids outdoors and getting some fantastic exercise! Registration opens February 15th!
The Learn To Row Camps are for 2 weeks beginning July 11th, 9AM-12PM Monday-Friday.
2012 Summer Sculling Camps (8-13 yr. old): 6 Divisions each is 5 days 9:00-12:00 Week 1: July 2 - July 6 Week 2: July 9 - July 13 Week 3: July 16 - July 20 Week 4: July 23 - July 27 Week 5: July 30 - Aug 3 Week 6: Aug 13 - Aug 17 Week 7: Aug 20 - Aug 24 All sessions are open to new rowers, and all sessions are limited to 10 rowers.
Click here for the Mamatoga Review of Skidmore's Summer Tennis program.
Read more about Thinkpeace Workshop for Girls here.
Camp Saradac is a Day Camp for children ages 5-12 that offers arts and crafts, field trips, swimming & other recreational and educational programs. Camp runs for seven weeks, from July 2nd - August 17th. Fees vary. Open to first 200 children.
Camp Saradac has planned some new activities as well as swim trips to Peerless Pool and Moreau State Park. The operation of Camp Saradac has been scheduled from July 2 - August 17, 2012 for ages 5-12. The hours of operation are: 8:45am-4:45pm, Mon-Fri. We will also be offering before and after care at an additional fee. Before Care hours are 7:30am-8:45am, and After Care hours are 4:45pm-6:00pm.
Program activities and trips include: Swim trips to Peerless Pool on Monday's and Friday's; Moreau State Park, an Unibirthday party, holiday dance party, Build-A-Bear Workshop, Kwang Pai, football Super-Bowl, a basketball Championship, a soccer World Cup, rec. baseball World Series, and Tug-O'-War. Other events include: Wacky Hat Contest, Fun Spot, Wacky Relays, Saratoga Strike Zone, Circus Smircus, a picnic at Congress Park, a Scavenger Hunt, riding the Carousel and ice cream at Ben & Jerry's. These are only a few of the many activities that we have planned for this year.
YMCA Camp Wa Wa Segowea serves hundreds of campers from near and far. They stay for as little as one week and as long as most of the summer. In addition to the great staff, campers love the setting and the myriad activities available every day. Waterfront activities on the 23-acre private lake include swimming, canoeing, sailing, rowing, kayaking and fishing. Other recreational activities include archery, basketball, volleyball, soccer, hiking, overnight trips, arts & crafts, outdoor living skills.
Each week includes time for building friendships, connecting as a community, caring for the camp, and reflecting on how the values and experiences of camp can carry on throughout the year and into the greater community of our world. Come to an Open House! Sundays at 2pm on May 20 & June 3, 10, 17. Please RSVP: Camp Director Kat Fitzpatrick at 518-656-9462 x6632 or firstname.lastname@example.org.