Everyone loved The Cupcake Lab, and I know everyone will be thrilled to hear they are coming back as Elizabeth's Table, a bakery, restaurant, coffee shop, and neighborhood gathering place and they have a fantastic new idea that I'm totally in love with. Elizabeth's Table will be offering what are called "community memberships" in Saratoga’s first Community Supported Restaurant. What is a Community Supported Restaurant you ask? Think CSA (Community Supported Agriculture) but for restaurants. This is an exciting new way to support your community, combined with the opportunity to partake in a variety of culinary opportunities not available to the general public. Elizabeth's Table will purchase as much of their food as possible from our local area with the rest coming from “known sources”. Their core belief is that by knowing the source of your food you get not only healthier food but better tasting food as well. By purchasing a membership you are supporting our local area farms and businesses! Support your community, local farms and businesses and eat healthier? You can see why I'm in love with this idea.
Memberships in the CSR will be as follows:
- Level 1- $250 2 -$100 cards, plus one $50 card redeemable for any food, beverage, class, or special event. PLUS– you will be invited to attend one “community member” dinner per year (one person). Cards are valid for one year.
- Level 2- $500-5 - $100 cards redeemable for any food, beverage, class, or special event. PLUS– you will be invited to attend one “community member” dinner per year. (two people) Cards are valid for one year.
- Level 3 - $1,000 10- $100 cards redeemable for any food, beverage, class, or special event. PLUS– you will be invited to attend two “community member” dinners per year (2 people). You will also receive one “kitchen worker** share” Cards are valid for one year.
- Level 4 - $2,500 25 - $100 cards redeemable for any food, beverage, class, or special event. PLUS– you will be invited to attend TWO “community member” dinners per year (2 people). You will also receive two “kitchen worker** shares” Cards are valid for one year.
- Level 5 - $5,000 50 - $100 cards redeemable for any food, beverage, class, or special event. PLUS– you will be invited to attend TWO “community member” dinners per year (2 people). You will also receive four “kitchen worker** shares” Cards are valid for one year.
**Kitchen Worker Shares are the opportunity to work a “shift” in their kitchen either with our baker or with our chef. See what goes on behind the scenes and learn to make your favorite recipe!
Also, Elizabeth's Table supports local charities, and a portion of your membership fee will be donated to the local charity of your choice, either Saratoga EOC, Saratoga Plan, the Northeast Regional Foodbank or Saratoga War Horse.
In addition to their seasonally changing menu, Elizabeth’s will host several “meet the farmer” dinners per year, featuring produce or meats from their farm and probably their neighbors farms as well. You will have the opportunity to sit in a casual environment and chat, getting the opportunity to get to know where your food comes from and how it is grown and handled. They will also host meet the winemaker dinners and coffee tastings in the same casual format.
At least once each week Elizabeth’s will serve a community table dinner featuring primarily local meats and produce. This will be a really great way to get to know other members of our community and to enjoy a great meal featuring seasonally local products! You all know how much I'm in love with this fantastic community of ours, so I really love this idea especially.
One major addition at Elizabeth's that I can't wait to take advantage of myself will be their “Grab and Go” section, where each day they will offer several breakfast, lunch, and dinner items, made fresh that day, packaged and ready to take home and heat up. This will be a fabulous option when you want something healthy and wholesome for the family but don't have the time to cook!
When you do have the time however, Elizabeth's will also be holding cooking, confections baking, bread baking, wine tasting, and coffee making/ tasting classes. Class size will be limited so that everyone gets the personal attention and experience that they deserve. All classes must be booked in advance, first come first serve and founding members of the CSR will always receive priority.
I will be eagerly awaiting Elizabeth’s opening in late February of 2012. They have a fantastic new spot at 510 Broadway in Saratoga Springs (The Algonquin Building) and I will be first in line to try it, and to support their CSR. Their founding memberships will be limited, so if you're interested contact them at firstname.lastname@example.org or 518-583-3144, and maybe I'll see you at one of their community table dinners soon!