Today is the first day of February Break parents! Are you ready?! There are a bunch of fun activities going on today AND all week, for all the info check out the Original February Break Survival Guide here! In honor of President's Day, check out the book above to help your kids learn more about the founding father's, one of my kids' favorites! Also, there is still time to enter this SWEET giveaway!
- The Saratoga Springs Library is showing The Lion King as the Family Movie today at 2pm. Kids–feel free to bring your favorite picnic blanket to throw down and get comfy with. Grown-ups, they will have chairs too! No registration is necessary.
- At the Wilton Wildlife Preserve and Park there will be a free Winter Scavenger Hunt from 1:00 – 2:00 pm where children will learn to use their senses to explore the outdoors during winter by working to complete a nature scavenger hunt. This program is designed for children 5 and older and will take place on the trails at Camp Saratoga. Preregistration is required, please call or email by Feb 16th. If there is snow on the ground, snowshoes will be available for rental for $5.00 or for free for members of the Preserve & Park. If there is no snow, the program will take place without snowshoes.
- At the Wonder Room check out Messy Mondays from 9am – 2pm for ages 3 and up, plus their School Vacation Program from 2pm – 4pm for ages 5 and up will feature Community Collage. Each child will add found objects to our community collage that will be displayed in their creative art room.
- The Children's Museum of Science and Technology in Troy has special events going on all week, click here for the full schedule.
- The Children’s Museum at Saratoga will be having great programs all week, including a special President’s Day Program today from 10:30 – 12pm where kids will be learning about George Washington and Abraham Lincoln through stories and crafts. Make a George Washington silhouette, an Abraham Lincoln top hat, or both! George Washington 10:30 am – 11:00 am, Abraham Lincoln 11:30am – 12:00 pm, free with museum admission, pre-registration is required. This program is for children age 6 and up. Check out their website for more information on their programs.