Here you'll find all the goings on around town for February Break. I'll be updating this post with new programs and activities and will include a full breakdown of what to do all week with kids to keep your little ones entertained and occupied! Just like the Winter Break Edition, I'll include some new activities, recipes and just plain fun stuff to do while they're home from school.
- Saratoga Arts offers full-week programs in both theater and visual arts for children ages 5-14. Visual arts campers will learn about famous art and artists while creating their own masterpieces inspired by them; theater campers will learn all of the basics of theater, including character development and set design and will conclude their program with a performance in the Dee Sarno Theater. Saratoga Arts’ faculty know and understand how children learn about and create art and work with our students to ensure they are reaching their full artistic potential. Contact them at 518-584-4132 for more information.
- The Children's Museum of Science and Technology has School Vacation Science Camps. Each day has a science theme and is packed with activities, experiments, projects, crafts and games. Your child will also have time to explore CMOST, visit a planetarium show and meet some of the animals from Operation W.I.L.D. The February School Break Science Camps run from Monday, February 20th - Friday, February 24th from 9:00 AM to 4:00 PM for kids ages 5 to 11 . Children are grouped according to age. Themes for the week will be Marvelous Machines: Making Work Easier!,Silly Liquid Lab, DaVinci Science, Rockets to Race Cars, and Zoom! To the Moon. Did you also know CMOST offers weekly Summer Science Camps? Registration opens today! Call them at 518-235-2120 for more information.
- Saratoga Reads! is offering a Winter Break Art Program for Kids on Tuesday, February 21, 10:30 AM to noon at the Tang Teaching Museum & Art Gallery, Skidmore College. The group will make fantastic colorful 3D cells out of Model Magic, beads, and other materials. Participants should read one of the 3 Junior Book selections from Saratoga Reads! prior to February 21st. This event traditionally fills very quickly, and registration is required. To register, call the Tang Museum at 580-8080 beginning on February 13th.
- Spend your February Break (Feb 20 - 24) at the Saratoga Clay Arts Center. Learn basic skills and techniques on the potters wheel. Create functional pieces such as bowls, cups & mugs to bring home. Ages 9+ No experience necessary. Members receive 10% discount. Sibling enrollment receives 10% discount. Tuition: $150 for 5 days of FUN!
Don't forget about the great stuff from Mamatoga's December School Break Survival Guide!
- First, check out my Mamatoga Guide to Snow (just in case the flakes do start to fall) for all the information you need from where to snowshoe, cross country ski and ice skate to the best sledding hills in our area!
- West Mountain is open!
- Here is my guide to indoor activities on what to do with the kids locally.
- Here is the Fort Building Edition of the School Break Survival Guide.
- A great easy recipe to make with the kids, pain au Nutella!
- Fun with bubbles!
- Some great Scavenger Hunt ideas to try out.