Earth Day is this Saturday readers! In addition to some great Earth Day events for families that I've highlighted over on my Top Fives at Saratoga.com here is a round-up of all my GREEN Mamatoga posts! Everything from the Top Ten Green Gifts to how to be chic on your bicycle and all the posts on cloth diapering, check it out! You can also read my article in Saratoga Today on Earth Day with a great Earth Day craft right here!
- Top Ten Tips for Cycle Chic
- Top Ten Green Gifts
- Mamatoga Review: bumGenius 4.0 One Size Cloth Diapers
- Mamatoga How To: Choosing a Cloth Diaper
- The True Costs of Cloth Diapering
- Cloth Diaper Basics
- Guest Blogger: Vikki from Sonrise Diaper Service
- Guest Blogger: Jenn from Earthy Crunchy Mama
- Meatless Monday Recipe: The Easiest Pasta You'll Ever Make
- Mamatoga Fit Tip: Can I Go Vegan?
And don't forget about the 1st Annual Natural Family Festival happening this Saturday. Come join other families interested in natural living for a fun filled day of family activities, shopping, and setting a world record! The festival will be bringing together Green, Eco-friendly, Holistic and Natural Family Resources from throughout the Capital District, Southern Vermont and Western Mass. The Festival runs from 10am-4pm at the Sportsplex of Halfmoon located at 6 Corporate Drive in Halfmoon, NY. Click here for more information.
Check out all the fun family activities they will have going on!
- Bracelet Making (Provided by the Children’s Guide)
- Recycled Planter Making (Provided by Earthy Crunchy Mama)
- Seed Planting (Provided by the From Scratch Club)
- Green Planet Mural (Provided by Earthy Crunchy Mama)
- Egg Cup Insects (Provided by Earthy Crunchy Mama)
- Story Corner (Provided by Barefoot Books)
- Children’s Music (Provided by Music Together from 10:30 – 11:30 and Eenie Meenie Music from 12:30-2:30)
- Book Reading of Sheila Says We’re Weird, by local author Ruth Ann Smalley
- Butter Making
- Family Yoga (Provided by Circus Yoga)
In addition to all of those fun events they will also have these fantastic seminars to check out:
10:00 Cloth Diapering 101, Real Diaper Association 10:30 Babywearing Basics, SlingBabies 11:00 What is a Doula? The Doula Network 11:30 Using Solar to Help Pay for Your Child’s Education, Allura Solar
————————————————– 12 – 1 Blocked for Great Cloth Diaper Change ————————————————–
1:00 Alternatives to Toxic Skin Care Products, Organiworks 1:30 The Toxin Free Family – Natural Eating and Living, Kindy Creek Promotions 2:00 Waterbirth: Immersion in Water for Labor & Birth, Blessingway Midwifery 2:30 Planned Homebirth: Is It Right For Me? Local Care Midwifery 3:00 How To Take Charge of Your Family’s Health Care, Jessica Davis MD 3:30 How Chiropractic Care Enhances Child Development, Ferguson Chiropractic
If that wasn't enough, they are also taking part in the Great Cloth Diaper Change!
Join them on April 21st, 2012 as they attempt to break the world record for the most cloth diapers changed at one time! This world record attempt is a great way to show the world how many people are already choosing and using reusable cloth diapers successfully. But there are still a lot of people who don’t know about cloth diapers. If you want to help spread the word about cloth diapers, please join the Real Diaper Association, the 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization that advocates for the use of reusable cloth diapers.