So, it has come to my attention that there are about a hundred Derby parties going on around town tomorrow, both private parties and fun specials at local restaurants. It is ALSO Cinco de Mayo, so if you're in the mood to get a sitter and have a day out, tomorrow would be a really good time to do it. Since there are SO MANY great places to choose from, I'm going to play the Entertainment Director of SS MAMATOGA and tell you the hot spots around town for cheering on the ponies and having a "mulep" (margarita julep anyone? No? Okay.) tomorrow.
- The party will be starting at 4 at Siro's with a free buffet following the running of the Derby itself. All bars will be open both inside and outside. Entertainment outside- MASTER CYLNDERS will be on the Siro's main stage. Headliner, ROGER MORRIS, performs at the inside bar! Also, they will have large screens showing the Derby inside and out.
- Hattie's will be serving up mint juleps in traditional julep cups tomorrow for the Derby
- Sperry's is opening their new patio and garden bar tomorrow! $5 mint juleps, mojitos and margaritas, the fun starts at Sperry's at 4:30
- Prime at Saratoga National has quite the party lined up. The party starts at 4 and they have a 6.5 by 12 foot screen that will be showing the races all day long plus free wi-fi on site so that you can place your bets right there. Food and drink specials all night, with Garland Nelson and Soul Session playing live.
- Wheatfield's (Saratoga) party starts at 3 with free food and drink specials.
- Cantina will have the races on as well as food and drink specials for Cinco de Mayo plus later on they will have Rich Ortiz playing live.
- The Paddock Lounge will open at 4pm with the Derby Party followed by their Cinco De Mayo Bash.
- Mexican Connection is also pulling out all the stops for Cinco de Mayo, and if read it right they are even having donkey rides? Really!
Staying in and want to make your own juleps? Click here for the recipe. Are you getting Derby Fever but have no idea what horses are even running? Click here to bone up on the contenders. So pick your party, pick your horse, grab a julep and cheer them on Saratoga Style!