I've got the beginning of the Mamatoga Saratoga Holiday Guide right here, to get the FULL guide check out the upcoming Holiday Issue of Mamatoga Magazine, complete with a full events calendar! Check back here for updates! xoxo
- Looking for Christmas trees? Ellms Christmas Trees opens the Friday after Thanksgiving...they have short, tall, fat and skinny trees! Visit their choose and cut farm, open Monday-Friday 10:30am-4:45pm and Saturday & Sunday 9am-4:45pm. SANTA will parachute in on SATURDAY, NOVEMBER 24th at 2 p.m. WEATHER PERMITTING! And the Northland Newfoundland Club will bring its “Newfies” to take trees to cars on Sunday, December 9, 10-1! They also have fresh cut trees as well!
- Another great way to get your tree is to buy it from Saratoga Reads! Each year the sale of holiday greens helps Saratoga Reads! offer a variety of free community-wide programming. Purchase your Christmas tree (Fraser Fir), wreaths and swags from them! It's really easy, here's how it works: place your order HERE by Friday, November 23, 2012. Pick up your order on Saturday, December 1st, 11am - 1pm at 186 Daniels Road, Saratoga Springs (corner of Bloomfield & Daniels). Make your payment at pick up using cash, credit or check. Enjoy hot cocoa, holiday treats & a visit with farm animals at pick-up! Contact Emily Mopsik at email@example.com or leave a voicemail message at 518-580-8008 for more info.
- South Glens Falls is having their 33rd Annual Holiday Parade on Sunday, November 18th. The parade will run along Route 9 and will include community groups, bands and Santa! Parade steps off at 1pm. Get all the details right here!
- The 11th Annual Christopher Daly Turkey Trot will take place on Thursday, November 22nd. Each year, on Thanksgiving morning, thousands of runners (and walkers) congregate in Saratoga Springs NY to race in the annual 5K Turkey Trot race, which benefits the Christopher Dailey Foundation. The race will begin at 8:30am in front of City Hall on Thursday. If you want to run you can register online through November 20 at 12 noon. There is no day of registration, but there is a last chance to register in person on November 21, 4 -8 PM at the Saratoga Hilton Hotel. Cost is $25 after Nov 15 and entry fees are nonrefundable. Community members who would like to contribute without racing on Thanksgiving morning can donate online here.
- Don't miss “Small Business Saturday” hosted in Saratoga Springs by the 37th Annual Saratoga Craft Marketplace held at the Saratoga City Center on Saturday, November 24th. All profits will benefit the Saratoga Center for the Family in its effort to prevent child abuse and neglect. Discount coupons for admission to the show can be obtained at Downtown Saratoga Small Business participating merchants and on www.saratogacraft.org. Admission tickets to the Craft Marketplace can be used to obtain specials from participating Downtown Saratoga Small Businesses. Celebrate “Small Business Saturday” and support a worthy cause while you shop for that unique special Christmas gift in Saratoga Springs!
- Don't miss the Festival of Trees in Saratoga, running from Thursday, November 29th through Sunday, December 2nd at the Saratoga Springs City Center. A fun filled family event, you can come see the beautifully decorated trees, wreathes and other holiday items on display for visitors to purchase and admire. Santa himself will also be stopping by from time to time for pictures!
- Wednesday, November 28th will be the Festival of Trees Preview Reception from 6-8pm and reservations are required.
One of the best holiday traditions in town, the Saratoga Tree Lighting Ceremony, will take place in front of Putnam Wine, 435 Broadway, Saratoga on Wednesday, November 28th at 7pm! Santa and Mrs. Claus will make an appearance, arriving by horse drawn carriage, and kids will get a chance to visit with them! There will be free hot chocolate and cookies with music by Star 101.3 radio. But don't forget the most important part-the tree lighting! Afterward head to the Saratoga Festival of Trees! For more info call (518) 581-7550.
- The Victorian Street Walk, a quintessential Saratoga holiday tradition, is Thursday, November 29th. Downtown Saratoga closes to traffic and all of Broadway is blanketed in Victorian holiday magic each year the Thursday after Thanksgiving for the annual Saratoga Springs Victorian Streetwalk from 6-10 pm. There will be all types of entertainers working the crowds at the Victorian Streetwalk in downtown Saratoga Springs. Musicians, singers, magicians, and other performances will delight young and old alike. Santa will welcome visits from children at his special cottage, and kids can get up close and personal with his real-life team of reindeer right down the street! Carolers stroll the sidewalks dressed in elegant period costumes and free hot beverages and treats will be served at numerous locations around downtown. There will be over 50 venues with entertainment, and best of all, everything is free and open to the public! The CDTA, will be running free shuttle buses every 20 minutes from the Empire State College parking lot at 111 West Ave and the Oklahoma track (just off Exit 14 of I-87) and the Weible Avenue Skating Rink parking lots on the east side of Saratoga Springs to downtown, bringing carloads of people to and from the Victorian Streetwalk from 4:30 until 10:30 PM.
Saturday, December 1st is Family Day at the Saratoga Festival of Trees from 11am to 6pm Sponsored by Mamatoga favorite Healthy Living Market and Cafe! Ticket are $8 Adults; $5 Seniors; $3 Children over 10; Children under 10 are free. There will be Breakfast with Santa seatings at 8, 9:30 and 11am. Sundaes with Santa seating is at 12:30pm and Santa's Workshop is open from 8am - 2pm. Advanced reservations are required, call 518-587-5000 to make yours today!
How cute is this? Check out the Reindeer Food Bar at Abigail's Tea & Tiaras on Friday, Dec 7th from 4:30-6:30pm. The kicks-off on December 7th at 6:30PM. Stop by Abigail's before the Ballston Spa Holiday Parade and visit their Reindeer Food Bar. Santa gets lots of cookies on Christmas Eve but what about his reindeer? Give them something yummy to eat too! The Reindeer Food Bar will be set up all month long inside the store. For more info call 518-885-6080.
The Ballston Spa Holiday Parade and Tree Lighting is Friday, December 7th. The parade steps off at 6:30pm, proceeding on Milton Avenue and ending in Wiswall Park on Front Street with Santa lighting the Christmas tree. The parade has become a hometown-style holiday tradition, with fire trucks, floats, animals, kids and Santa parading down the main street of the village. Before and after the parade, there will be carolers and musicians on the street corners and many village shops and restaurants will be open with music, demonstrations and displays as part of First Friday, which also falls on this festive evening. Call 518-885-2772 or firstname.lastname@example.org for more info.
- The Saratoga Hilton will host its 18th Annual Breakfast with Santa, with proceeds this year benefiting the Franklin Community Center , from 9am to 11am on Monday, December 24; doors open at 8am. Admission to the breakfast buffet costs $8 for adults, $4 for children age 4 to 12, and free for younger than 4. There will also be a raffle and visit from ol’ Saint Nick! Call 584-4000 for info. Reservations are not necessary. The hotel is located at 534 Broadway, Saratoga Springs.