Chowderfest and Winterfest 2013 are coming up in just two weeks during the weekend of February 1st-3rd! Chowderfest is a community program of the Saratoga Convention & Tourism Bureau that is family friendly and super easy to take part in. All you do is pick up a ballot form at any participating establishment (check out the list here), taste different soups and chowders for a dollar a cup (3oz. serving) and vote for your favorite! Just complete your ballot form and pick up your official Chowderfest Long-sleeve T-shirt for only 10 bucks! Ballot drop-offs and T-shirt locations are at the Saratoga Springs Visitor Center and Saratoga Springs City Center and the Winner Awards Ceremony is at the Saratoga Springs City Center at 6:30pm. You can try as many chowders as you want, and there are SO many good ones to try. On the menu this year so far there is: fresh swordfish chowder, beef brisket chowder, smoked pork & sweet potato corn chowder with new ones being added daily. Don't forget to pick up your 2013 Chowderfest Chugs! The chugs are a re-usable, environmentally friendly mug/lid/spoon combination, and, might I add, very easy for the kids to use too. Chugs are $10 and you can pick them up here:
- Children's Museum of Saratoga
- Crafters Gallery - Fine Art Fine Crafts
- Franklin Community Center
- Gaffney's Restaurant
- Impressions of Saratoga
- Malika International Boutique, Inc.
- Mountainman Saratoga Outfitters
- Saratoga Hilton Gift shop - The Brewing Boutique
*If you purchase your chug from Franklin Community Center you can bring in a bag of non-perishable items for the food pantry and get a chug for $8. Pay $10 and get a complimentary Franklin Community Center recyclable bag (while supplies last)!
Chowderfest is one of my top favorite events in Saratoga, and besides getting to taste some amazing creations by local restaurants, there is also live music, free photo cards, dessert chowders, DOG chowders, hot chocolate, stuff for the kids and much more. Check out my Mamatoga Chowderfest Family Map right here, which gives you the best spots to hit, including places to warm up and places to catch the kid friendly entertainment. It's a shareable, printable pdf that you can download and print right at home!
Also, new this year will be a FLASH MOB! Sign in at the Saratoga City Center at 9:15 am on Saturday, February 2nd. The FLASH MOB Dance Instruction will begin promptly at 10am. The 1st 200 to sign in will receive a free CHOWDERFEST Beanie to be worn during the dance, I love it! Claim your space on Caroline Street at 11:40am. Flash Mob begins at 11:45am!
Want to bring your four legged family member too? Check out the "Dog Chow Down" starting at 1pm at the Saratoga Downtowner Motel, a contest between the stores participating in making dog chowder will compete! Plus, Heather Bohm-Tallman Photography will have their DoggieBooth at Dawgdom with no sitting fee and kids are free!
There are also a bunch of great activities going on as part of Winterfest too! It's a great way to get out of the house, brush off any of that post-holiday lag and get outdoors!
- Healthy Living Market will be sponsoring FREE yoga classes at Hot Yoga Saratoga (the Saratoga location), Friday February 1st at 9:30am is a Free Bikram class AND a free kids class at the same time (9:30am) at the One Yoga Studio right next door! I will be teaching this special kids class for little ones aged 3-5. You can drop the kids off and try out Bikram for free! Saturday at 8am is a free Hour of Power class at One Yoga Saratoga. There will also be a Healthy Living Market table set up with free samples and goodies! Questions about the kids class? Email me at email@example.com!
- Friday, February 1st: 2013 Candlelight Ski and Snowshoe has been canceled due to warm weather. Stay tuned for new date.
- Friday, February 1st: Winterfest Wine Tasting from 6-8pm at the Holiday Inn Saratoga Springs Ballroom. $12:00 at Door. Sample a selection of delicious wine paired with savory hors d'oeuvres.
- Sunday, February 3: Wilton Wildlife: WinterFest Snowshoe Event at Camp Saratoga from 10:00 a.m.-2:00 p.m.at the Wilton Wildlife Preserve & Park: Camp Saratoga. Free Admission! Get some outdoor exercise before the Superbowl and celebrate Winter Weekend on their groomed ski and snowshoe trails.
Stay tuned for the printable, sharable Mamatoga Chowderfest Family Map, coming soon! And to keep updated on the list of restaurants check the website as new additions are being added all the time, and I will see you at Chowderfest! xoxo