Have you entered the fabulous Mamatoga Magazine Giveaways yet? Click right here to enter all three!
FRIDAY, MARCH 1st
- The South High Dance Marathon is taking place this Friday and Saturday in Glens Falls, click here for more details. Kids coming together to raise money for local families and causes, it is truly awesome!
- The Saratoga Regional YMCA Presents: 2013 Scholarship Campaign Kickoff Party from 6:30-9:30pm at the Wilton Branch, 20 Old Gick Road. Cost: $50 per person or $90 per couple. Together, we can make a difference in our community! Proceeds from this event will benefit the Y scholarship fund, We Build People. For more information, please contact Susan Rhoades, Saratoga Springs Branch/Annual Giving Director at 583-9622, ext.104 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Committee Co-Chairs are Alysa Arnold and Jennifer Perry.
- In collaboration with Wilton Wildlife Preserve the Saratoga Springs Public Library will be going on an Owl Hunt from 5:30-7pm. Meet at 80 Scout road to listen to a presentation on owls by one of Wilton’s Environmental Interns. Then Rich Speidel will lead the group in an “Owl Prowl” to listen and look for owls. For participants ages 5 & up. Children must be accompanied by an adult. Snowshoes, if needed, will be available, please let them know if you need to reserve a pair. Register in the Children’s Room or by calling 584-7860, opt 3. Registration is limited, and please remember to dress for the weather!
- It’s the 40th Annual Saratoga Home & Lifestyle Show this weekend at the Saratoga Springs City Center! Cost is $6. The Saratoga Springs Rotary Club presents the Saratoga Home & Lifestyle Show! A variety of home and lifestyle businesses will exhibit on the main floor, including categories such as home improvement, landscaping, décor and fine finishes, heating and plumbing, pools, and many more. The Rotary Club expects to raise close to $100,000 from the event, with proceeds being distributed to community organizations, youth scholarships, and international humanitarian projects. I will be there with my friends from Adirondack Trust handing out copies of the Mamatoga Spring Issue, be sure to come by to say hi!
Friday, March 1 from 5 PM to 9 PM Saturday, March 2 from 9 AM to 7 PM Sunday, March 3 from 10 AM to 4 PM
SATURDAY, MARCH 2nd
- Check out the Health and Wellness Expo from 10am to 3pm in the Ballston Spa High School cafeteria and gymnasium. There will be exhibits from each schools’ Building Leadership Teams and a variety of organizations and businesses who will provide information about fitness, healthy eating, bike helmet safety and related health and wellness topics. I’ll be there talking about my kids yoga class at One Yoga Saratoga and about the benefits of yoga for children. I’ll even be doing a free demo class for kids aged 5-9 at 12:30pm, click here for more info.
- Adirondack Trust Company will be having their Exit 11 Branch Grand Opening Celebration from 10am-12pm. Register for the chance to win one of three great prizes & the bank's mascot, Banker Buck will be there handing out recycled piggy banks to the kids! Plus, 101.3 The Jockey and DJ John Meany will be hosting a live radio remote with prize drawings for local merchants gift certificates! Click here for more info. Pick up your copy of Mamatoga while you're there!
- Check out the 2013 Hannaford Kidz Expo from 10am-5pm at the Empire State Plaza in Albany, admission is free. The expo will fill the Convention Center with thousands of children and their families for a jam-packed day of entertainment, information, activities and fun. From toddler to teen, and everyone in between, there will be something for all at the popular 8th annual event. Highlights include Ringling Brothers Barnum & Bailey CircusFit, Radio Disney, free giveaways, prizes and Bogey Ballton! Check out the info below for more info on when to catch Bogey!
- The Children’s Museum at Saratoga will have Story Art from 10:30-11am.
- Library Babies is at the Saratoga Springs Public Library from 10-11am, an informal playgroup for babies under the age of 24 months with their parent or caregiver. Registration is not required. Call 584-7860, press 3 for more information.
- Saturday Family Storytime is at the Saratoga Springs Public Library from 11:30am-12pm for children ages 2-5, with their parent or caregiver. Siblings welcome too! Registration is not necessary for this program.
- The Tail Waggin’ Tutor is going to be at the Saratoga Springs Public Library from 2-3pm. Read to Buck, their Schnoodle reading therapy dog. Buck is certified through Share-a-Pet’s Pawsitive Reading Program and is happy to sit quietly and listen appreciatively to any story you may wish to read. Please call the day of the program to schedule a 10-minute appointment at 584-7860, opt. 3. Please note that Buck has a busy social schedule and some of these dates may change. Go to their website for the latest information. For more information call 584-7860, opt 3.
- The Knights of Generous Hearts GALA takes place from 6:30-11pm at The Villeroy, 21 South Greenfield Rd. in Greenfield. Cost is $50 donation per person. This fundraising event will benefit the new playground at Greenfield Elementary School. Come support the children! Live entertainment by Jeff & Becky Walton. Featuring wine and hors d’oeuvre tastings from Saratoga’s finest wineries and restaurants. Silent Auction. Dressy Casual Attire. Purchase Tickets online here. For more information call 518-321-8170.
SUNDAY, MARCH 3rd
- The Children’s Room at the Saratoga Springs Public Library is having their Grand Opening from 1-2pm! Join them as they celebrate their new Children’s Room! Snacks and refreshments will be served. Then from 2-3pm check out Cabin Fever Family Dances with Peter, Paul and George! Come in from the cold, beat that cabin fever, and enjoy some traditional folk music from America and the world with Peter, Paul and George!
- There will be a Seussian Celebration at the Children’s Museum from 12-3pm today. Cost is free with museum admission. In honor of Dr. Seuss’s birthday, they will be holding their annual Seussian Celbration: “Hop on Pop”. Come and participate in a themed scavenger hunt, “Hop on Pop” in their bounce house, create Dr. Seuss crafts, and participate in their free basket raffles. Like Dr. Seuss says, “If you never did you should. These things are fun, and fun is good”!
- Books and Brunch for Saratoga Reads! is happening at Sperry's in Saratoga Springs from 11am-2pm. 15% of proceeds from Books and Brunch will be donated to Saratoga Reads! and used to provide free programming for readers of all ages in the community. Call 518-584-9618 to make a reservation today!
- Blue Iris Photography is having their great Easter Mini Sessions! Click here to read an interview with Linda Peluso from Blue Iris and for more info.