The 12th Annual Saratoga Springs DBA Fall Festival is happening tomorrow, Saturday, October 26th from 10am to 5pm and there are a TON of great kid and family activities to enjoy! All the kids wear their Halloween costumes and there are a bunch of places that will be open to trick or treaters so bring a candy bucket! Here is handy little guide to what's happening, what to see and when. This event is FREE and open to the public. First, it will kick off at the Saratoga Farmers’ Market with a ribbon cutting at 10am and special guests Mayor Scott Johnson, Honey Bear and her Pig and Tiger Friends and interactive drumming for children afterward.
All day 101.3 The Jockey will have a live broadcast on the corner of Broadway and Division St. Make sure to stop by to spin the prize wheel and get a free balloon!
Here are some highlights of kid friendly events you won't want to miss:
- The Haunted Palace at MINE, 388 Broadway will have hot chocolate and a "fun" (read: not too scary) haunted house that is safe for all ages. Takes place from 10am-5pm, stop by any time.
- 10-1 Face Painting in front of Druthers Brewing Co., 381 Broadway will happen from 10am-1pm.
- The Girls Scouts will be hosting crafts for children at the Visitor’s Center, 297 Broadway from 10am-3pm.
- Check out the 10:30-3 Halloween Crafts & Pumpkin Painting at Gaffney’s, 16 Caroline Street from 10:30am-3pm.
- Radio Disney sponsored by MVP Health Care and New York’s 529 will be at the Collamer Parking Lot from 11am-2pm as will the Pony Rides & Petting Zoo sponsored by The Adirondack Trust Company (happening from 11am-3pm).
- Don't miss the Pumpkin Rolling down Caroline Street at Broadway from 11am-3pm! Sponsored by Ellm’s Family Farm and Healthy Living Market and Café. Prizes from Saratoga Strike Zone and Healthy Living! Healthy Living Market and Cafe will also have food demos on the corner of Broadway and Caroline St.
- Stop by the Bread Basket Bakery, 65 Spring St. from 11am-2pm for Cupcake Decorating.
- There will be a Face Painter from 11am-3pm at Spoken Boutique, 27 Church St. Get a festive face paint done before the parade!
- Catch some magic with Alan Edstrom the Magician at Plum Dandy, 419 Broadway from 12-2pm. Be amazed!
- Mr. & Mrs. Bill Balloon Fun & Pumpkin Painting will be at G. Willikers, 461 Broadway from 12-3pm (love those guys!)
- 1-5 Pumpkin Carving: The Paddock Lounge, 6 Caroline St. Pumpkin Carving Starts at 2 for the first 100 guests, food will be served, this is a kid friendly event but carving is not recommended for the littler ones! Have fun and be creative!
- Start lining up for the Children’s Costume Parade at 4pm in front of Forno Bistro, 541 Broadway. Everyone will parade down Broadway to Congress Park at 4:15 lead by Mayor Scott Johnson with Honey Bear and & Friends!
- There will be Free Carousel Rides in Congress Park for all who participate in the parade from 4:30-5pm! Sponsored by The Saratoga Springs Department of Public Works.
I will be doing a special Halloween Story Time at Northshire Bookstore on Broadway in Saratoga Springs where I will be reading spooky (but not too spooky) stories that the whole family can enjoy. Stop by to warm up and give little legs a rest in between activities, there will be two story times, 11am for the younger kids and 1pm for kids 5 and up, but kids of all ages are welcome at both! There are a TON of events happening all day and this is just a sampling of them, to get the full list click here. To get a list of trick or treating spots, click here. Don't miss this great family friendly event, we go every year and it is always a favorite! xoxo