Today is the five year anniversary of the very first post on Mamatoga.com! I can't tell you enough how much I love what I do and how special it has been being the very first parenting site in the Saratoga area, and I so very much appreciate all of my sponsors for making it possible to do this job. And a huge thank you to all of YOU for reading the site and being part of the Mamatoga community!
To take a fun look back, here are the top posts on Mamatoga.com for the past five years:
- Women I Want my Daughter to Admire (I wrote this when I had only one daughter, now I have three, my how things have changed!)
- On Breasts (one of my favorite posts, which I wrote when my mother was going through her cancer treatment)
- Life with a Toddler (in gifs)
- Mom on Mom Hate Crimes (It's Got to Stop)
- The Parenting Advice I Hate to Give
Really though, writing on Mamatoga has been so special to me, as I look back through these old posts. When my mom was diagnosed with breast cancer and I decided to write about it to help get through it, so many of you reached out in support, even strangers in the grocery store, and it meant the world to me. I have written about a lot of personal things here, struggling with breastfeeding and post partum depression, being bullied and feeling overwhelmed. I've also announced pregnancies and new babies, shared new beginnings and celebrated small victories. It has deepened and strengthened my life as a mother in so many ways, and I really can't tell you enough how much I love the community of mothers and parents here on Mamatoga. I love you guys! So thank you again and again for reading. It's everything to me. xoxo