It's almost Friday readers! We hope you've been having a great week, and there are some fabulous activities going on this weekend to check out! We were so excited to share our post on Your Toy Portrait today, if you haven't read it yet I guarantee you're going to love it, and stay tuned tomorrow for another Freebie Friday Giveaway as well. Plus if you're looking for a last minute sitter for the weekend let us know, we can set you up with a fantastic sitter, just check out Sittertoga! Friday, September 23, 2011
- NY Women’s Expo – Sportsplex of Halfmoon, Clifton Park. Today, 12-7pm through Sunday. The Ultimate shopping and entertainment experience for women in the Capital Region! With over 200 exhibits showcasing the best of the Capital Regions Salons, Spas, Boutiques, Direct Sales Companies, Fashion, Health, Nutrition, Fitness, Financial planning, Career Building, Home Decor, Education and more! $5 for a weekend pass! We will be offering seminars and demonstrations from the area experts.
- The Saratoga Library has Library Babies from 10:30 – 12pm for children under 12 months.
- The Children's Museum has Wiggle & Giggle from 10-11:30am.
- The Spa Little Theater has Seth & the Moody Melix at 7pm. Get ready to dance, clap and sing along to kids songs! Their music engages children (and parents) with their catchy folk grooves, fun positive messages and lyrical themes. visit homemadelittletheater.org or call 587-4427 for tickets.
- The Adirondack Balloon Festival is going on all weekend, check out all the details of this great event here! Over the weekend, more than 60 balloons take to the air all at once and the entertainment on the ground equals the spectacle in the sky. Breakfast is served, civic organizations provide food and water on site, activities are available, and entertainment is provided - all on top of two separate launches, with nearly one hundred balloons filling up and taking off for the viewing of the groundlings.
Saturday, September 24, 2011
- It's Museum Day and you can get two free passes to the Children's Museum of Saratoga by going here and printing out the Museum Day coupon, valid only for today!
- Lowes Build and Grow – 10am, Bring your child to Lowes and build an awesome fire truck, complete with stickers and siren. This is free and easy to register online.
- Reform Pilates has Pilates for Ovarian Cancer from 8am to noon. Join them for a morning of pilates. Your $25 donation will include a 60 minute pilates mat class, and a 15 minute private session on the pilates apparatus. 100% of proceeds will be allocated to the Ovarian Cancer Research Fund (OCRF). Call 871-1315 or email firstname.lastname@example.org, to make your reservation.
- NY Women’s Expo continues today at the Sportsplex of Halfmoon, Clifton Park. $5 for weekend pass. Today from 10am-5pm.
- The Saratoga Library has Library Babies from 10am-11am for children under 12 months. Family Story Time from 11:30-12pm for kids 2-5.
- Walk to End Alzheimer’s – Saratoga Casino & Raceway. Registration opens at 9am. Opening ceremony and walk begins at 10:30am.
- Ellms Family Farm – Touch a Tractor! $9.50/adult and under 2 years FREE. Ellms Family Farms is invaded by tractors and other unique pieces of farm equipment of all shapes and sizes.
- Today from 1-6pm is the Fall Festival brought to you by Chrysler and Saratoga Polo Association. Hot Rods and Hot Bikes Show, Elvis impersonation as well as the ever popular 1950's band Jade cranking out the tunes to keep your toes tappin'. This show is rain or shine. You can bring any vehicle you wish - admission to this event is $10 per carload. Also on tap will be a Beer Tasting Pavilion - an opportunity for you to sample the best craft and micro brews in the Capital District responsibly. You must be 21 in order to enter the Brew Tasting Pavilion and samples tickets are available for $1.00. The Fall Festival has partial proceeds going to the Times Union Hope Fund - Making a difference for kids in our community. For more information Tracy Paige at 518-584-8108.
- The Saratoga Winery has their 2nd Annual Hillbilly Bash from 2-10pm! Pig roast with all the fixins', Orapello's Wood Fired Pizza, live carvings by chainsaw artist Sara Winter, ladder golf, corn hole, bowling for beer cans, games for the kids, live country! Cost is $10, kids 12 and under are FREE.
Sunday, September 25, 2011
- At Saratoga Spa State Park – Orenda Pavillion there is the 4th Annual Tour LaFrance 5K Family Fun Run and 1 Mile Kids Run in loving memory of Connor “Ginger” LaFrance. Event begins at 11am, Registration from 8 – 10:30am. Barbecue lunch and entertainment by the Stray Dogs. Register early at ConnorLaFrance.org
- 2nd Annual Henry Street Harvest Fest – 11am-4pm. Live Music, giveaway, face painting and pumpkin painting. Visit their website for more information. Admission: Kids – $3, Adults – $6, Family – $20
- NY Women’s Expo – Sportsplex of Halfmoon, Clifton Park. $5 for weekend pass. Today from 10am-4pm.
- Children’s Museum – Artrageous! from 2-3pm. Want to be the next Picasso? Together we will learn about famous artists and then make our own masterpieces! Each week we will explore a different art style and medium.
- Ellms Family Farm- Touch a Tractor! $9.50/adult and under 2 years FREE. Ellms Family Farms is invaded by tractors and other unique pieces of farm equipment of all shapes and sizes.
- Peace Fair, 24 Circular Street from 12-4pm. The free fair is designed to CELEBRATE, EDUCATE, MOTIVATE AND ACTIVATE with booths, family activities, musicians in tribute to Pete Seeger (including Dan Berggren, Kevin McKrell, and the Solidarity Singers) free trade items, and good food. Rain or Shine.