TGIF Mamatogians! This is our last hurrah of the summer, Labor Day Weekend! There are tons of events going on around town and at the track wrapping up a summer full of fun. There are the last matches of Saratoga Polo, the Family Fun Fest at the track, a 5K and so much more! And if you're not in the mood to cook you can still get a traditional American barbecue on Labor Day at the track as well! So check out the calendar and let us know what you're going to be up to! FRIDAY:
- Saratoga racing fans can enjoy two “Party at the Spa” events today. Party at the Spa features a first post of 2:30 pm with the last race starting before “full twilight” hits Saratoga. Then, stay after the races for live music at The Paddock Bar, near the clubhouse admission gates.
- The Tang Museum at Skidmore has UpBeat on the Roof with Rich Ortiz featuring funk, pop, and folk music from 7-8:30pm, admission is free.
- Saratoga Polo has the Celebrate Saratoga Cup tonight starting at 5:30. Come check out one of the last matches of the Saratoga Polo season until next year! Cost: Clubhouse Unreserved $25.00 per person. General Admission $25.00 per car load Clubhouse and General Admission Reserved $40.00 per car load.
- SPAC has Journey tonight, and kids get in free with GE Kids in Free Days!
- First Fridays in Ballston Spa start today. From 6pm to 9pm the village’s businesses will open up to the public with special happenings, exciting events, live music, art displays, and promotions. The event includes the opening exhibit of Erick Von Hoffman’s work at Strolling Village Artisans. There will also be a free family movie, Tangled, playing in Wiswall Park at dusk. Call 518-885-2772 or email email@example.com for more information.
- The Saratoga Farmers' Market is today from 9-1 at the High Rock Pavilions on High Rock Ave. Stop by and check out our favorite Lewis Waite Farm! We'll be featuring some of their local products in our recipe Monday so get out and support our local farmers!
- G. Willikers is hosting their very first Corolle Play Date from 11-3! Come help them take care of those special Corolle baby dolls! They will have doll tubs, diapers, strollers, changes of clothes and everything else your little one needs to care for their favorite baby doll. They'll also be having specials on Corolle dolls and Corolle products.
- Today and Sunday is Day Out with Thomas! at Saratoga & North Creek Railway. Cost is $18 per ticket ages 2 and up (service charges may apply). Take a 25-minute ride with Thomas the Tank Engine with an opportunity to meet Sir Topham Hatt, Controller of The Railway. Enjoy activities for the whole family! Check out some helpful tips on visiting Thomas right here!
- Today is the 2nd Annual Run for the Horses 5K race to benefit the Thoroughbred Retirement Foundation and the 1,100 former racehorses currently in their care. Tee-shirt to first 250 registrants, prizes to all Kids Fun Run participants. Mile markers and water on course. Tropies and medals to top 3 men and women overall and in each age category. Refreshments after race. Cost is $20 for pre-registrants, $25 day-of (Kids Fun Run is free) from 8:30 to 11am at Saratoga Spa State Park, Orenda Pavilion.
- Starting today and going through Monday is the Final Stretch Festival! This three-day festival marks the culmination of the Saratoga racing season with live music downtown and at the track including Family Fun Fest, Labor Day Barbecue and the Final Stretch Music Festival (which we will elaborate on here).
- The Final Stretch Music Festival September 3rd & 4th from 7-11pm promises great live music and fun for all ages and musical tastes in Saratoga Springs! There will be popular bands and music artists at venues all over Spa City all weekend long. Downtown many of the shops will be open late for final-stretch shoppers, and of course the downtown restaurants will be open as well! Check out the musical line up here.
- The Family Fun Fest will take place on Sunday, September 4th from 10:30 a.m. – 5 p.m. and Monday, September 5th, from 11 a.m. – 5 p.m. During this time, the backyard area will host a variety of family-friendly attractions such as carnival games, face painting, caricatures, spin art, giant inflatables and pony rides. Juggler and stilt walker Sparkles will entertain both young and old and there will be a magic show, too. Kids can also climb Coca-Cola’s inflatable rock wall, try the Adrenaline Rush obstacle course, or bounce in the Bounce Around house. Proceeds from activities at the Family Fun Fest benefit Ronald McDonald Charities of the Capital Region. The non-profit organization provides comfort, support and respite for families of seriously ill children in a compassionate, home-like environment.
- Today is the last giveaway day at the track and the giveaway is one of the favorites, long sleeved t-shirts!
- Today is the last match of the Saratoga Polo season until next year! I'm really going to miss this favorite summer activity of mine, it was a great season! Cost: Clubhouse Unreserved $25.00 per person. General Admission $25.00 per car load Clubhouse and General Admission Reserved $40.00 per car load.
- Enjoy a barbecue at the track today! There will be a barbecue lunch at the track's At the Rail Pavilion. Bring family and friends to enjoy a delicious bbq with all-American classics - hamburgers, hot dogs, chicken, salad and of course dessert. The price for the barbeque lunch, which also includes Clubhouse Admission and Official Post Parade Program is $24 for adults and $14 for children (ages 3-12). Call 1-888-516-NYRA for tickets.