Well Labor Day weekend is officially upon us Mamatogians! We hope you have a great Saturday, and in case you need some activities to round out your schedule check out what Saratoga has to offer! We are extending our Freebie Friday Giveaway until tomorrow when we pick our winner, so if you haven't entered yet there is still time! And check out our post on King Brothers Dairy too, there's still time to place your first order with them tonight (Friday night before midnight). And don't forget we'll be announcing our first Book Club title on Sunday, and we still have the poll at the end of the post to vote on our current selections. We've updated a few activities here so enjoy your weekend, and take some pictures to share with us! SATURDAY:
- The Saratoga Farmers' Market is today from 9-1 at the High Rock Pavilions on High Rock Ave. Stop by and check out our favorite Lewis Waite Farm! We'll be featuring some of their local products in our recipe Monday so get out and support our local farmers!
- G. Willikers is hosting their very first Corolle Play Date from 11-3! Come help them take care of those special Corolle baby dolls! They will have doll tubs, diapers, strollers, changes of clothes and everything else your little one needs to care for their favorite baby doll. They'll also be having specials on Corolle dolls and Corolle products.
- Today and Sunday is Day Out with Thomas! at Saratoga & North Creek Railway. Cost is $18 per ticket ages 2 and up (service charges may apply). Take a 25-minute ride with Thomas the Tank Engine with an opportunity to meet Sir Topham Hatt, Controller of The Railway. Enjoy activities for the whole family! Check out some helpful tips on visiting Thomas right here!
- Today is the 2nd Annual Run for the Horses 5K race to benefit the Thoroughbred Retirement Foundation and the 1,100 former racehorses currently in their care. Tee-shirt to first 250 registrants, prizes to all Kids Fun Run participants. Mile markers and water on course. Tropies and medals to top 3 men and women overall and in each age category. Refreshments after race. Cost is $20 for pre-registrants, $25 day-of (Kids Fun Run is free) from 8:30 to 11am at Saratoga Spa State Park, Orenda Pavilion.
- Starting today and going through Monday is the Final Stretch Festival! This three-day festival marks the culmination of the Saratoga racing season with live music downtown and at the track including Family Fun Fest, Labor Day Barbecue and the Final Stretch Music Festival (which we will elaborate on here).
- The Final Stretch Music Festival September 3rd & 4th from 7-11pm promises great live music and fun for all ages and musical tastes in Saratoga Springs! There will be popular bands and music artists at venues all over Spa City all weekend long. Downtown many of the shops will be open late for final-stretch shoppers, and of course the downtown restaurants will be open as well! Check out the musical line up here.
- The Family Fun Fest will take place on Sunday, September 4th from 10:30 a.m. – 5 p.m. and Monday, September 5th, from 11 a.m. – 5 p.m. During this time, the backyard area will host a variety of family-friendly attractions such as carnival games, face painting, caricatures, spin art, giant inflatables and pony rides. Juggler and stilt walker Sparkles will entertain both young and old and there will be a magic show, too. Kids can also climb Coca-Cola’s inflatable rock wall, try the Adrenaline Rush obstacle course, or bounce in the Bounce Around house. Proceeds from activities at the Family Fun Fest benefit Ronald McDonald Charities of the Capital Region. The non-profit organization provides comfort, support and respite for families of seriously ill children in a compassionate, home-like environment.
- Today is the last giveaway day at the track and the giveaway is one of the favorites, long sleeved t-shirts!
- Today is the last match of the Saratoga Polo season until next year! I'm really going to miss this favorite summer activity of mine, it was a great season! Cost: Clubhouse Unreserved $25.00 per person. General Admission $25.00 per car load Clubhouse and General Admission Reserved $40.00 per car load.
- Enjoy a barbecue at the track today! There will be a barbecue lunch at the track's At the Rail Pavilion. Bring family and friends to enjoy a delicious bbq with all-American classics - hamburgers, hot dogs, chicken, salad and of course dessert. The price for the barbeque lunch, which also includes Clubhouse Admission and Official Post Parade Program is $24 for adults and $14 for children (ages 3-12). Call 1-888-516-NYRA for tickets.