I hope you all had a great week and are looking forward to a fun weekend, even though there is a chance of rain on Saturday, we have a ton of activities going on around town that are either indoors or are going on rain or shine and Sunday's forecast is looking less rainy. We had a bunch of fun posts this week, check out Mamatoga Julie's Arts and Crafts Series and my post on Your Toy Portrait. We also had a great recipe by our new contributing author Kim to try out and our fitness author Jeannette had some great ideas on how to get kids (and adults) to eat healthier. We had a review of local restaurant Bailey's and added our new Sittertoga feature as well as added some great new items to the Marketplace! And if you STILL need some reading to do after all of those suggestions, check out our Book Club posting for the week, we'll wrap up our first title on Sunday and we are currently taking suggestions for our second one. I hope you all have a great weekend Mamas! Thanks for reading, we want you all to know how much we appreciate you being part of our Mamatoga community! Saturday, September 24, 2011
- It’s Museum Day and you can get two free passes to the Children’s Museum of Saratoga by going here and printing out the Museum Day coupon, valid only for today!
- Lowes Build and Grow – 10am, Bring your child to Lowes and build an awesome fire truck, complete with stickers and siren. This is free and easy to register online.
- Reform Pilates has Pilates for Ovarian Cancer from 8am to noon. Join them for a morning of pilates. Your $25 donation will include a 60 minute pilates mat class, and a 15 minute private session on the pilates apparatus. 100% of proceeds will be allocated to the Ovarian Cancer Research Fund (OCRF). Call 871-1315 or email firstname.lastname@example.org, to make your reservation.
- NY Women’s Expo continues today at the Sportsplex of Halfmoon, Clifton Park. $5 for weekend pass. Today from 10am-5pm.
- The Saratoga Library has Library Babies from 10am-11am for children under 12 months. Family Story Time from 11:30-12pm for kids 2-5.
- Walk to End Alzheimer’s – Saratoga Casino & Raceway. Registration opens at 9am. Opening ceremony and walk begins at 10:30am.
- Ellms Family Farm – Touch a Tractor! $9.50/adult and under 2 years FREE. Ellms Family Farms is invaded by tractors and other unique pieces of farm equipment of all shapes and sizes.
- Today from 1-6pm is the Fall Festival brought to you by Chrysler and Saratoga Polo Association. Hot Rods and Hot Bikes Show, Elvis impersonation as well as the ever popular 1950′s band Jade cranking out the tunes to keep your toes tappin’. This show is rain or shine. You can bring any vehicle you wish – admission to this event is $10 per carload. Also on tap will be a Beer Tasting Pavilion – an opportunity for you to sample the best craft and micro brews in the Capital District responsibly. You must be 21 in order to enter the Brew Tasting Pavilion and samples tickets are available for $1.00. The Fall Festival has partial proceeds going to the Times Union Hope Fund – Making a difference for kids in our community. For more information Tracy Paige at 518-584-8108.
- The Saratoga Winery has their 2nd Annual Hillbilly Bash from 2-10pm! Pig roast with all the fixins’, Orapello’s Wood Fired Pizza, live carvings by chainsaw artist Sara Winter, ladder golf, corn hole, bowling for beer cans, games for the kids, live country! Cost is $10, kids 12 and under are FREE.
Sunday, September 25, 2011
- At Saratoga Spa State Park – Orenda Pavillion there is the 4th Annual Tour LaFrance 5K Family Fun Run and 1 Mile Kids Run in loving memory of Connor “Ginger” LaFrance. Event begins at 11am, Registration from 8 – 10:30am. Barbecue lunch and entertainment by the Stray Dogs. Register early at ConnorLaFrance.org
- 2nd Annual Henry Street Harvest Fest – 11am-4pm. Live Music, giveaway, face painting and pumpkin painting. Visit their website for more information. Admission: Kids – $3, Adults – $6, Family – $20
- NY Women’s Expo – Sportsplex of Halfmoon, Clifton Park. $5 for weekend pass. Today from 10am-4pm.
- Children’s Museum – Artrageous! from 2-3pm. Want to be the next Picasso? Together we will learn about famous artists and then make our own masterpieces! Each week we will explore a different art style and medium.
- Ellms Family Farm- Touch a Tractor! $9.50/adult and under 2 years FREE. Ellms Family Farms is invaded by tractors and other unique pieces of farm equipment of all shapes and sizes.
- Peace Fair 24 Circular Street from 12-4pm. The free fair is designed to CELEBRATE, EDUCATE, MOTIVATE AND ACTIVATE with booths, family activities, musicians in tribute to Pete Seeger (including Dan Berggren, Kevin McKrell, and the Solidarity Singers) free trade items, and good food. Rain or Shine.