It's Friday Mamatogians! And for some of you, including myself, the weekend is starting early with a day off from school. We are counting down the days till our First Annual Momster Bash and Benefit and we can't wait to have fun with all of you readers! Stay tuned tomorrow for one more chance to win FREE tickets during our Freebie Friday Giveaway! Today we had some fun posts on Mamatoga, one featured an amazing new solution for busy families from Nine Mile East Farms and our Style post of the week showcased a fantastic local mom run business that has something special for everyone, Fiat Feminae! There is nothing we love more than highlighting local businesses, and there are a ton of activities and events happening around town this weekend so check out our Daily plus the Weekend Sneak Peek for everything that's going on! Plus check out some of our links for great ideas for the weekend as well!
- Mamatoga’s Fall Preview is packed with info on local fall activities
- FoCastle Orchard is a great orchard for little ones to explore
- Schuyler Farms Castle and Dragon Maze is fun for the whole family!
- Have brunch at Mamatoga favorite Max London's
- Go Letterboxing!
- Check out beautiful Hudson Crossing Park
- Don’t forget about Sittertoga if you need a sitter!
- If the weather takes a turn for the worse, check out these indoor ideas
- If you want farm fresh milk (plus a TON of other local goodies-try Oscar's Smokehouse Bacon!) waiting outside your door you have to place your order with King Brothers Dairy by Friday night!
Friday, Oct. 21st
- Library – Library Babies for children under 24 months with parent or caregiver from 10:30-noon.
- Gavin Park is having Harvest Events from 5-9pm. Bounce House, games, cookies and other activities inside the gym. Hayrides for the little ones from 5-6pm, and afterward, enjoy the Haunted Hayrides!!! $5 hayrides with proceeds going to Adopt A Soldier.
- Children’s Museum - Wiggle & Giggle from 10-11:30am. A time for children to explore the many different things that they can do with their bodies! We will crawl through tunnels, walk the balance beam, roll bolls, toss bean bags, and make music with all kinds of instruments.
Saturday, Oct. 22, 2011
- The Saratoga Farmers’ Market is on today from 9am-1pm at the High Rock Pavilions on High Rock Ave. The Saratoga 2011 Outdoor Market Season is into its fall fun time. The market is bigger than ever with over 50 LOCAL vendors. They have everything from meats to flowers, milk to veggies, pottery to soap, honey, ready-to eat food and yummy baked goods. All their products are locally grown/produced. Every market has live music, great hot/cold beverages and a sense of living strong. Don't forget the market moves indoors to Division ST Elementary School for Saturday’s only from 9am-1pm starting Nov. 5.
- Wilton Wildlife Preserve – (Scout Road) Autumn in NY Walk, Parking lot #3 at 10am. Enjoy the fall foliage and the crisp autumn air. Learn why trees drop their leaves and how some species are adapted for the harsh winters. Click here for directions.
- Library – Library Babies for children under 24 months from 10-11am. Saturday Family Story Timefor children ages 2-5 from 11:30-noon.
- Green Conscience Home & Garden – 33 Church Street. Book signing at 11am. Ruth Ann Smalley’s will be signing and reading her new children’s book “Sheila Says We’re Weird.” This new book tells the charming story of a young girl, Sheila, who lives next door to the narrator and his family. Sheila is both perplexed and delighted by their home-cooked food, their composting, their clothes hanging on a line to dry, and many other ‘weird’ aspects of their green family life. The book offers simple alternative practices while providing a vision of more healthy and hopeful lifestyle.
- Maple Ave. Middle School – 1st Annual “Back to School” Car Show from 9am – 2pm. The PTSO is hosting this family fun event to raise money in order to assist students in need. Pre-registration is $10, and $12 the day of. Everyone is welcome!! For more information, call Deanne Savage at 584-0511, or email MapleAveCarShow@yahoo.com.
- Gavin Park – Harvest Events from 5-9pm. Bounce House, games, cookies and other activities inside the gym. Hayrides for the little ones from 5-6pm, and afterward, enjoy the Haunted Hayrides!!! $5 hayrides with proceeds going to Adopt A Soldier.
- Children’s Museum – Story Art from 10:30-11am. Reading together is always better, so please join us for an exciting new story each week! We’ll use our imaginations and stories from around the world to inspire creative and unique art projects.
- Check out the Grand opening of the Lower Level of the Saratoga Marketplace at 454 Broadway today from 11am-7:30pm and tomorrow from 11am-5pm. The Yoga Mandali Studio Store, Fiat Feminae, The Body Lounge, and McGillycuddy’s Naturals will all be offering 20% off, plus there will be a Scavenger Hunt with Prizes, a Grand Prize Giveaway and free food and refreshments!
Sunday, Oct. 23, 2011
- Wilton Wildlife Preserve – (Scout Road) Art Exploration! Nature Self-Portraits at 10am on the Camp Saratoga Trail. See yourself in nature and make a self-portrait nature collage. This is for children 4 and up. Click here for directions.