It's Monday again Mamatogians, and I hope all of you had a fantastic weekend! Here at Mamatoga Central we are gearing up for our First Annual Momster Bash and Benefit and we can't wait! We are so excited to celebrate launching Mamatoga and the incredible success we've had with building our mom community right here as well as supporting two of our amazing local organizations! Speaking of the Momster Bash, our winner from Friday is Lindsay! Thanks so much to everyone who entered, we really loved hearing all the great things you had to say about our local sponsors and donors. If you didn't win you still have ONE MORE chance to win tickets, but you have to sign up for WeeklyTap in order to win (it's free and local!). We have some great stuff lined up for you this week mamas so stay tuned to your one stop shop for all things moms and kids in Saratoga, MAMATOGA!
- There was a great article in the Saratogian today about Shades of Light, a Capital District support network for women suffering from postpartum disorders. Here at Mamatoga we think this is such an important issue for moms, and stay tuned to Mamatoga for more information about postpartum disorders and how to get the help you need.
- For Book Club this week, we're going to read up to page 45 of our new title Bossypants, so if you want in on the Book Club action this time around get cracking! We know you're going to love this book and will get more than a few laughs out of it!
- The Saratoga Library has ZOMBIE WEEK! this week! All week long, teens can have their photo taken and then be digitally zombiefied! Zombie Week! Crafts, cupcakes, zombie makeup and more! Tuesday, oct. 25, 3:00 p.m. Zombie Cupcake Decorating. Wednesday, oct. 26, 3:00–7:00 p.m. Hands-on Zombie Craft Project. Thursday, oct. 27, 3:00–7:00 p.m. Zombie Makeup Workshop and a special Anime Club Extra: HORRORSHOW at 7:00 p.m.!
- Also at the Saratoga Library – Parent Child Workshops for ages 12-36 months from 9:15-10:30am and 10:45-12noon. Preschool Story/Music Program for ages 42 months – 5 years from 10:15-10:45am. Toddler Story Time for ages 24-42 months from 9:30-9:50am. Story Time Science with Library Staff for children in grades K-2 from 4:30-5:15pm.
- Saratoga Independent School - 6:30 pm. Dr. Randy Cale, a licensed psychologist and parenting coach, will be talking about How to Raise Resilient Children, “Nurturing Responsible Behaviors and Growing Self-Esteem.” Dr. Cale has provided parenting solutions through his television appearances as well as authoring many newspaper and magazine articles. This is open to the public, but be sure to reserve your seat! Call 583-0841 to RSVP.
- The Prestwick Chase Indoor Farmers Market is open today from 3pm-6pm as well as November 7th, 14th and 21st. See a wide variety of local vendors from Saratoga County and surrounding areas offering fresh produce, crafts, and other local goods each Monday from 3-6pm. Located on the grounds of Prestwick Chase at Saratoga, a 55 plus senior living community in Saratoga Springs, NY, the Monday Farmers Market is open to the general public.